CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 7000 miles and in great shape (never had a problem of any kind). Comes with 2 Puig windshields, soft Saddlebags and cover. It is registered until March 13, 2020. The Bike is located in Painted Post NY 14870 and I can be reached at [email protected]. I'm selling due to age (me - not the bike). The price is firm and I'm not interested in trades.
Thanks'
Matt Donovan

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Great deal for someone!

Reactions: jg183 and CTX2fer

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it about 3 yrs ago for $4000 with 1250 miles on it. I've owned at least 10 motorcycles over the past 50 yrs and this is the best one yet (Maybe the Montesa was more fun). I turn 78 tomorrow and, after seeing what happened to my brother with 2 knee replacements, have decided to to downgrade to 4 wheels. Not trying to make a profit, just don't want to deal with the jerks on Craigslist. Got a super deal on a Triumph Spitfire and enjoy the hourly vs. yearly maintenance schedule on the Honda.

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sweet looking ride you got there. Enjoy!

Reactions: CTX2fer

·
Registered
883 Posts
Boy, I wish my husband liked the CTX700 more than he does ... I'd buy this bike from you, Matt, and make a present of it to him.

He's about your age, Matt, and last year he busted a similar move -- from 2 wheels to 3. It's working for him, so I doubt I can tempt him back to a motorcycle again.

Best of luck with the sale! If I hear of anybody in my neck of the woods who's looking, I will send them your way.

Reactions: dabsdog

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought it about 3 yrs ago for $4000 with 1250 miles on it. I've owned at least 10 motorcycles over the past 50 yrs and this is the best one yet (Maybe the Montesa was more fun). I turn 78 tomorrow and, after seeing what happened to my brother with 2 knee replacements, have decided to to downgrade to 4 wheels. Not trying to make a profit, just don't want to deal with the jerks on Craigslist. Got a super deal on a Triumph Spitfire and enjoy the hourly vs. yearly maintenance schedule on the Honda.

I tried the sportcar route in 2010. It didn't work for me. One year with the four wheeler, and I couldn't wait to get back on two wheels.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I'm with you, Matt. I'll turn 79 next month, but I got out for an hour and a half of pure pleasure yesterday . My knees are arthritic too, but I can still easily balance the low-cg CTX. I'd have a really hard time getting in and out of that Spitfire though.:LOL:

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with you, Matt. I'll turn 79 next month, but I got out for an hour and a half of pure pleasure yesterday . My knees are arthritic too, but I can still easily balance the low-cg CTX. I'd have a really hard time getting in and out of that Spitfire though.:LOL:
We probably travel the same roads Professor, me south of the Finger lakes and you north (My son lives in Victor). The Spitfire is not yet roadworthy but I believe the bald spot on top of my head is caused by rubbing against the roof getting in. I removed the hard top and will only get in or out in public with the soft top down (Yoga might help).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I tried the sportcar route in 2010. It didn't work for me. One year with the four wheeler, and I couldn't wait to get back on two wheels.
Blond in a sport car, the only other orange lexus in Phoenix, (maybe Az.)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No offers so far so I'll start with $2500 cash and local pickup in Painted Post NY only.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It will be hard for anyone outside the state to come for it (Covid NY Insanity). At that price you might consider keeping it or if you really want to get rid of it, try a MC wholesaler or private auto seller company.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bike has been quarantined for 6 months so should be immune. Actually, a couple people from Pa. took it for test rides but I don't think little prince andy knows about it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Matt, it costs you nothing if a buyer wants to ship it.
Only a little of your time.
It will go soon if you allow a buyer to have it shipped.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts