CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The extra electronics (STS Smart Turn System & STS Smart Brake Modules & 12V, electric cloathing wiring) not shown, but dash-mounted USB pictured - uses wire formerly going to 12V socket in cargo pocket, but I swapped a 5A fuse for the 1A on the subharness. Bar backs to arrive in a couple days, and then I might be finished tweaking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Swapped-out the rear shock for one from an NC700 after bottoming-out riding two-up. I've had to order an extendable side stand, as you can see. Very pleased so far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

Very enticing to do the same how is your experience with the nc700 shock? You noticed any difference going 2 up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Totally pleased. No more bottoming out, and I can now lean hard into turns without scraping anything. Can't quantify difference on regular road "feel", nor can my passenger. Order an extendable side stand before you do it , so you won't have to carry around a block of wood to be able to park (like I am).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Totally pleased. No more bottoming out, and I can now lean hard into turns without scraping anything. Can't quantify difference on regular road "feel", nor can my passenger. Order an extendable side stand before you do it , so you won't have to carry around a block of wood to be able to park (like I am).
Awesome well look into as an option. Thanks 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm really interested in your bike's seat. My wife wants to be able to see over the top of me while sitting comfortable. Your bucket seat looks comfortable as well. Who makes it and where did you order it from? Thanks for posting pictures of your bike!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally saw this, sorry! I bought a (used) Corbin low profile saddle. I just last week added a removable air pad on top to make it even more comfortable on my butt - but the rear edge on the Corbin is great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts