80% tire life
Full Tank gas
New Rear Brakes
New HeadLight Bulb

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Im not sure. I took to a local shop.
he charged me $1400 and only ran for 4 days.
If they are not experienced with the DCT (and most shops are not), it is easy to miss.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
it is surprising that Honda has not included loctite for this bolt. With more DCTs on the road, one would think service bulletins would have picked on on this issue, is that is indeed the casue.

·
Registered
649 Posts
It would be interesting to know what they did for $1400.00 that failed to fix the problem. When installing the shift drum center bolt or pin the service manual page 12-75 recommends applying a medium strength locking agent unless otherwise specified and torque to 23 N-M. When looking at the related fitment list for the pin it has been used on many off road models for many years the oldest being a 1985 TRX250 A ATV and many of their CRF motocross bikes. With what looks like 96,940 miles on the odometer I would also look at a weak ratio control motor.
To get the bike back to neutral turn the key on and rock the bike back and forth to loosen the gear box to allow the shift motor to ratchet the gears into place. Also hold the front brake lever and manipulate the shift buttons as in the YouTube video.
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/24315-HA0-000?ref=b444b7fbdc993e11001638e1804ba043e3a0a33b

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If they are not experienced with the DCT (and most shops are not), it is easy to miss.
Thank U for that part to check
That shop got me. I only took it there cuz he said he could repair it. Sorry to say he didnt. Small Claims Court is my next stop.
it is surprising that Honda has not included loctite for this bolt. With more DCTs on the road, one would think service bulletins would have picked on on this issue, is that is indeed the casue.
im done with shops and this bike
She was a great bike till the start of summer. A lot of money for no riding time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would be interesting to know what they did for $1400.00 that failed to fix the problem. When installing the shift drum center bolt or pin the service manual page 12-75 recommends applying a medium strength locking agent unless otherwise specified and torque to 23 N-M. When looking at the related fitment list for the pin it has been used on many off road models for many years the oldest being a 1985 TRX250 A ATV and many of their CRF motocross bikes. With what looks like 96,940 miles on the odometer I would also look at a weak ratio control motor.
To get the bike back to neutral turn the key on and rock the bike back and forth to loosen the gear box to allow the shift motor to ratchet the gears into place. Also hold the front brake lever and manipulate the shift buttons as in the YouTube video.
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/24315-HA0-000?ref=b444b7fbdc993e11001638e1804ba043e3a0a33b
Thank u for the video
Im still goin to sell it and find myself something newer.
appreciate the help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts