CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After solving many of the needs with my 2014 CTX DCT, (Grips, Cruise, Windshield, Highway Boards) and being quite satisfied, I could not get the seat right. I sent away for a Corbin and it was not the right fit for me, it pushed me into the tank, big belly! So at the end of last years riding season I was using the stock seat with a Large Cruiser Pro Pad which was acceptable but not great for rides longer than 2 hours.

Low and behold with help from others on this forum, Honda has now released an updated stock seat for the 2015 CTX DCT Fairing model. I called a Honda Dealer and the part number is #77200MJFJ41ZA - $310.00.

Although not yet available from Honda, I am going to sit on the 2015 in the spring and if right order one through the Honda parts department.

This could solve the issue for a lot of people!
Ride on!
I was excited to see

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I just read where Corbin pushed the butt rest up on the low profile seat which puts it out of bounds for me. I don't want the seat that is 3" higher either because it will throw off my nice shield and lip set up. So I will sit on the seat on the new 2015 and see if it is worth the money. If not I will send it off to someone like Laam to redo my seat.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Red Rider,

I don't think the new honda seat will help you either, it will also push you more forward. The new honda seat will be great for those shorter people that have trouble reaching the pegs. Taller people will have more discomfort.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
My first reaction when looking at the side by side comparison of the two was "Oh great, if your tall or big boned, your really going to hate it". Yes, it will cure some of the complaints smaller people have been voicing and it will be a better fit in the Asian market but darn it, having to ride on the tank or knees pressed into the fairing will kill sales for anyone over 5'6.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Making it more friendly for shorter riders will help increase the appeal to women, a rapidly growing market for motorcycles. I would have preferred that the pegs just be moved back a bit.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red Rider,

I don't think the new honda seat will help you either, it will also push you more forward. The new honda seat will be great for those shorter people that have trouble reaching the pegs. Taller people will have more discomfort.
Yes, I think I will be going forward but if the seat comfort is increased and since I have a 26" inseam, I am hoping I will be ok. Plus the added benefit of "Try before you Buy" at all of the Honda Dealers in the country this spring is a big benefit.
Ride on!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All,

This did not work for me as the 2015 seat pushed me forward into the fuel tank. I returned it to the dealer and they got me a 2014 seat which I will be sending to Seth Lamm for a custom job.

Red Rider.

Hi All,

After solving many of the needs with my 2014 CTX DCT, (Grips, Cruise, Windshield, Highway Boards) and being quite satisfied, I could not get the seat right. I sent away for a Corbin and it was not the right fit for me, it pushed me into the tank, big belly! So at the end of last years riding season I was using the stock seat with a Large Cruiser Pro Pad which was acceptable but not great for rides longer than 2 hours.

Low and behold with help from others on this forum, Honda has now released an updated stock seat for the 2015 CTX DCT Fairing model. I called a Honda Dealer and the part number is #77200MJFJ41ZA - $310.00.

Although not yet available from Honda, I am going to sit on the 2015 in the spring and if right order one through the Honda parts department.

This could solve the issue for a lot of people!
Ride on!
I was excited to see

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have the 2015 DCT (with the 2015 seat, obviously), and I don't know how it could possibly work for a man. As a gal, it's comfy for me, but if I lean forward even just a little, it's painful in the crotch area. I don't think it's going to be the answer for men who want to sit more comfortably.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just ordered the 2015 Seat. I went down to Honda of Chattanooga to see the difference. They had the 2015 CTX 700 next to the 2014. There was a more noticeable "Saddle" feel to the 2015. Seems to support my butt better. This with my new Easy Back Back Rest, and I will be set.
Oh, Pro caliper has them for 205.16 with free shipping. OEM price is $310.85.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got my new 2015 OEM Seat for my 2014 CTX 700D. It seems that the 2015 has less slope giving the driver a more defined saddle position. Also, the 2015 seat fits a little different around the tank.
On the 2014 Seat, measured from the front to at the top of the slope behind your butt, it measures 14".
On the 2015 Seat, measured from the front to at the top of the slope behind your butt, it measures 12.75". Also slight difference at front near tank, little thicker here.
Overall, the 2015 seat has a more defined seating area.
Now if I can remember to pick up my leg so I don't give my seat boot scratches.
The new seat, with my Revrider Easy Back back rest, should work great for me.

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
The Revrider Easy Back back rest looks interesting, but the part that rest on the seat looks a little crude. Mounting a travel bag on top of it might do the trick to hide it. In any case, once you're on the bike who care how it looks, it's all about comfort.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have no plans on carrying passengers. I was actually thinking of using some velcro and some black vinyl and covering the mounting bracket. Or you could put a bag there. The material the backrest is made of is substantial, not cheap plastic. I think it is some kind of cast alloy.

Reactions: steven111

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I have the 2015 DCT (with the 2015 seat, obviously), and I don't know how it could possibly work for a man. As a gal, it's comfy for me, but if I lean forward even just a little, it's painful in the crotch area. I don't think it's going to be the answer for men who want to sit more comfortably.
I'd have to disagree. one of the reasons that I waited for the 2015 was the seat. Once I get out of my neighborhood, I barely notice I am even on a bike. I'm just gliding around on a power cloud :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ride report:
I took the bike out, with the new 2015 OEM seat, for a 300 mile ride around the North Carolina/Tennessee Mountains.
The driving position is closer to the tank, butt was a little uncomfortable, but I assume this is something I will have to get used to.
The 2014 seat didn't seem to cause my cheeks to be uncomfortable.
Guess, like anything, I need to give it some time to warm up to me.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Has anyone tried the beaded seat pads?
I've been using one for years now with a thin pad on top of it. With a little experimenting with the position on the seat, it works real well for me. Helps to spread the area for the butt cheeks and takes the pressure off the spine. I'm good for 100 miles at a time when touring. Raises u up a little but with a slight adjustment of the windshield, it can be very comfortable. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very interested in replacing the OEM 2014 seat on my CTX700 with the 2015 OEM CTX700 seat - as I am short guy. Can anyone confirm that all I need is the seat since it fits without modification in the 2014 attachment cradle? That the change is 'plug and play', no additional mods or parts needed?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very interested in replacing the OEM 2014 seat on my CTX700 with the 2015 OEM CTX700 seat - as I am short guy. Can anyone confirm that all I need is the seat since it fits without modification in the 2014 attachment cradle? That the change is 'plug and play', no additional mods or parts needed?
The pan has not changed, the seats are completely replaceable between the 2014 and 2015 models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The pan has not changed, the seats are completely replaceable between the 2014 and 2015 models.
Awesome, remove 2014 seat and pop in 2015. Looking for a good OEM distributor now. Unfortunately RevZilla where I purchased my Puig windscreen and really matched the quality service ethics of the best online distributors doesn't sell OEM seats.

BTW, current 2014 seat has only 3100 miles on it and will come up for sale. Not a mark on it.

BIG THX, edellow!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Several on eBay. I am waiting on my winning bid to be delivered so I can send to Seth Laam for an upgrade and only cost me $20 plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts