CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
Did the same with mine, and I agree, the black looks better than the chrome. It's easy to scratch, though, so keep an eye on where you take that thing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That bologna is ugly any way you slice it, so I will leave mine chromed. Plus, I think the exposed forks on the naked version provide a bit of balance in the shine department. View attachment 88929
I replaced my bologna with an aftermarket muffler I had laying around.The chrome wasn't the best so I painted it with high temp grill paint,the paint job was good for all summer,black blended in with the rest of the bike.That bologna was way too quiet! jasperj

·
Registered
236 Posts
I might as well face it, I’m addicted to quiet.
Same here. When I bought my Yamaha Majesty in 2005, Schwarzenegger was governator in CA, and he was talking big about hydrogen powered cars. At the time I thought it would be cool to have a quiet, low-polluting bike, powered by hydrogen. Turns out he was talking out his cigar hole plus no politician can resist oil company money, so here we are.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Same, love it...red on black-best color combo ever. How did you manage to get the CTX off? I'd like to do this on my all black, naked-if you dont mind a copy-cat!
Not at all. Warm it just a bit with some sun or a hair dryer. Start at one end and slowly peel. (This will ruin the “C_T_X”.) Honda wings are from www.superbdecals.com

Reactions: Ruby

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT ABS
19 Posts
Looks great! I did the same thing to mine last year. I've noticed some scratches on it now so I'll probably take it off and repaint over the winter.

I also cheated a bit and while I had it off I drilled a few holes in the end that lets a little more of the low-end rumble sound out. It's still fairly quiet though.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just painted the exhaust using Hi heat black paint and it seems to be holding up pretty nice. Drove from Los Angeles to San Diego and back and no scratches, chipping or discoloration. And, if I may add, the black makes the bike look so much better. View attachment 88925
Mine is a 2015 that is identical with original chrome exhaust and no top case - this let's me see possibilities - thanks for the post and pic!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts