CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys will consider the passenger seat rest support for the Honda CTX700? Would you guys think it is a necessary add on for the CTX700 or is it not needed?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You have a few things to consider whether its worth it or not for you to purchase the back rest. Like how often do you ride with a passenger and how long? I wouldn't say a back rest is different on any other bike of this type but depends on how often you end up using it.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I would invest in a back rest. Why not. I would just in case if my wife or daughter wants to jump on for a ride. Not something for me but something to consider for the passenger's comfort. I like the look of it on the CTX700 but I would want it to look full with all the necessary accessories too like the side cases.

·
Registered
36 Posts
backrest is very useful even if you never carry a pillion. Makes it much easier to carry bags, either in front (on the pillion seat) or behind (on the rack). Also is a very good holding point when moving bike around, forward hand on the bars and rear hand holding the backrest frame.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think you do lose something with a backrest which is the aesthetic appeal of the bike. But if you do intend to have a lot of passengers it would be wise to buy a backrest.

Some motorcyle passengers don't know what they're doing

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you intend to have even one passenger...some kind of backrest is worthwhile. Unless you could care less about them of course.

They could have a loose grip when you take off from a stop light and the backrest might be what saves them from being dumped and run over by the car behind you. I was riding with one of my daughters in some high winds and she was a little worried about staying on. The top box back rest was a lifesaver.

Chris

·
Registered
124 Posts
One option...is to buy a top box. That will give you a place to put things for you and your passenger, and provide a backrest as well.

It'll pay to think ahead on this. Many bikes don't have provision to install a backrest...and then install a top box behind that. You could end up spending the money for a backrest, then buying a top box and having the money for the back rest wasted.

Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you plan on doing something like this it can get in the way...

just kidding...

on a serious note, I would get it no matter what, it can't cost that much and it just better for your passenger, might make them feel more secure since they have something behind them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
One option...is to buy a top box. That will give you a place to put things for you and your passenger, and provide a backrest as well.

It'll pay to think ahead on this. Many bikes don't have provision to install a backrest...and then install a top box behind that. You could end up spending the money for a backrest, then buying a top box and having the money for the back rest wasted.

Chris
Thats not a bad idea Chris. But I would imagine the backrest to be a bit more comfortable for the passenger. Now if the top box could have an integrated back rest on it too that would be accommodating.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I dont care about a passenger back rest

But!! I would like to have a Rider back rest

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Maybe Mustang or Corbin will have one that fits.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
The backrest could also be used with a backrest bag or strap a regular backpack on it. The main problem I see for me and a back rest is if it gets in the way of throwing my leg over as sometimes my knees don't bend so well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts