CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
There were no changes to the body work over the production run so if you can find the parts you can swap them.

Might be easier and cheaper to get them painted or wrapped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did obtain the part numbers for most of the silver parts. I'm pretty sure they might be still available. I'll do It piece by piece until my bike Is transformed Into a digital silver metallic CTX. That's what the paint color Is called, correct? This will probably be my last one so I am just going to make It the way I want It. Putting on the Givi V56NT Top-Case which will complete the transformation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's a Utopia. It rotates back onto the upper portion of the seat a bit so you as a driver
have plenty of room. But the passenger area Is compromised. Room enough for a skinny person or child between the driver backrest and top case (trunk).
Automotive tire White Light Black Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Metal Film camera

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks guys, I did obtain the part numbers for most of the silver parts. I'm pretty sure they might be still available. I'll do It piece by piece until my bike Is transformed Into a digital silver metallic CTX. That's what the paint color Is called, correct? This will probably be my last one so I am just going to make It the way I want It. Putting on the Givi V56NT Top-Case which will complete the transformation.
If you want an N model you should consider riding what you got till what you want comes along for sale. I’m guessing it would be close to $2000.00 in panels and underlying metal frame bracketry needed to attach them properly. Color Rite has the 2015 color code as NHA30M Digital Silver Metallic. Attached are some pic’s of a naked faring model.
ColorRite Motorcycle Paint
Lets see the stripped down CTX's
True-naked?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I don't want a "N". Maybe I should do a write up on how the transformation from red to silver goes for me. I don't know If anyone has done It, but most silver part numbers are Identical except for the last letter In the part numbers. That leads me to believe that they are a direct fit. It looks like I might not be using at least 4 silver parts. These 4 parts will remain black/gray on my bike. This Is all I know until the new OEM parts arrive.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You will not find the fairing model color panels in silver as only the N model came in silver for 2015 and 2016.

The only parts that are interchangeable between the Fairing and naked model is the rear fenders, front tire guard, and center tank shelter and cover. You will need to completely replace the entire headlight assembly system if you try to swap to a N model using factory parts.

As stated, it will be considerably cheaper to disassemble the bike panels and have them painted. That is what I did with my custom color scheme.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will not find the fairing model color panels in silver as only the N model came in silver for 2015 and 2016.

The only parts that are interchangeable between the Fairing and naked model is the rear fenders, front tire guard, and center tank shelter and cover. You will need to completely replace the entire headlight assembly system if you try to swap to a N model using factory parts.

As stated, it will be considerably cheaper to disassemble the bike panels and have them painted. That is what I did with my custom color scheme.

I really like what you did with the paint. Any idea what that cost, in total?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I really like what you did with the paint. Any idea what that cost, in total?
Expensive 🤣 (want to say it was about $1200ish) it is a custom 3 flake blend I came up with and has multiple layers of clear coat to level out the flake and had a local shop known for this type of custom work spray for me. I took all the panels off myself including all decals, anti-rub pads, grommets, clips, and everything else that could be removed from every panel. Then reassembled myself. It took them about 2 weeks to spray all the panels and get them returned to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts