CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm currently riding a 2003 Honda CB500 and have been averaging around 45-50 mpg from a mix of both freeway and city riding. I have never bought a brand new bike, so if I am for the CTX700 I might as well be concerned about the fuel economy. This will be a huge upgrade from my cb500, going up 200ccs to a CTX700 should be fun. Does anybody know the average fuel consumption or what the expect MPG for the 2013 Honda CTX700 is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The CTX700 fuel capacity is 3.17 gallons. It gets 64 miles per gallon

The CTX700 DCT ABS gets 61 miles per gallon.
i thought dual clutch transmissions aid in getting better gas mileage, but from what you posted the Honda CTX700 with DCT gets a bit less MPG, might this be because of the ABS system?

·
Registered
49 Posts
This could be the added weight on the CTX700 from the DCT transmission and the ABS system. Also the DCT transmission might use a bit more fuel to ensure the smoother transition of gears.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
For the CTX700 it is expected to be around 64mpg but averaged up it is really around 59-60mpg with the non abs and dct. For the CTX700D to use up a bit more fuel sounds about right, in the past with the similar dct system it does trigger the engine to use a bit more fuel in the rpm to make the gear change much more smoother than your manual. The weight of the extra components such as the dct transmission and ABS does add a bit of weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts