CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the new 2013 Honda CTX700 be coming with any accessories from the factory or will we have to purchase them separately? In the past I have always like the Honda genuine accessories for the bikes but found them to be a little high up in cost. Is there any aftermarket brands you guys can recommend for the CTX700? Anything?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The known and mentioned Genuine Honda accessories are the hard saddle bags, passenger back rest, car rack, and heated grips.

On this CTX700 everything that was listed is equipped.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I like the hard saddle bag. It just makes it look more full and completes the CTX700's overall look. At least the windscreen is not ugly as the the one on the NC700. The only things that i won't be needing are the passenger back rest and car rack.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The hard saddle bags look really nice to me. But the grips, backseat and everything else looks very handy. How much do you think a fully loaded CTX700 will cost? Over 10k?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The hard saddle bags look really nice to me. But the grips, backseat and everything else looks very handy. How much do you think a fully loaded CTX700 will cost? Over 10k?
These CTX700 specific genuine Honda parts and accessories are not cheap. I think if your were to get the Honda CTX700D equipped with both the DCT transmission and the ABS with the full line of accessories yeah its a possibility it might be $10,000. Depend on if you get a deal on the bike and how much you end up paying out the door.

·
Registered
32 Posts

The CTX700 looks more complete with all the accessories complete though. For the cruiser blood lin it has I think those hard saddle bags and back support just completes the bike. Maybe even so that those thing should be coming from factory with the CTX700 ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
What are the prices are we looking at for these accessories? I got my eye on the Hard saddle cases. I like how they are paint match to the CTX700's fairings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ctx700 is a modern take on a cruiser, the panniers (saddlebags) look very good. The sissy bar (backrest) doesn't match the style of bike. I think a topbox mounting plate on the rack, with topbox (which could have a backrest pad) would look better balanced, more in keeping with the style, and more practical too.

heated grips are very desirable if you ride in the cold, screens are very personal, and without riding can't be sure which is better, very small (as on the naked) standard or tall.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a tall windscreen, though I think it drastically changes the look of the bike. I'm not sure if for the better or not. The plus is it would provide a better wind draft protection when going high speeds, especially on the highway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was thinking of doing heated grips and car rack on the naked version of the bike. (I wanted black) I can get a small black duffel bag and stick it on the back for longer trips I guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a tall windscreen, though I think it drastically changes the look of the bike. I'm not sure if for the better or not. The plus is it would provide a better wind draft protection when going high speeds, especially on the highway.
you can't say without riding the bike with the standard screen and then the tall screen which is going to be best. It depends on your own stature as well as the aerodynamics of screen and bike. You could find that the standard screen puts your helmet in nice smooth quiet airflow, whereas the high screen puts you into an area of buffeting and turbulence. Nobody knows this until they ride the bike with the various screens. I would urge anyone to start with the standard screen to see how that is.

this ignores the naked bike which may be the most comfortable of all for smooth airflow. There are many variables : seat height, body height, screen height, temperature, distance of body from screen.

I recently rode a Honda Crossrunner which has a tiny screen, which worked for me putting my head in lovely smooth airflow.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts

Cosmetic wise on the out side for the fairings the difference lies in the fairing around the forks. And the turn signals are at a different height.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not understanding why anyone would not want a backrest/luggage rack. It vastly enhances the utility of a bike.

And where's the centerstand? Not even optional? That's a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not understanding why anyone would not want a backrest/luggage rack. It vastly enhances the utility of a bike.

backrest/luggage rack ... vastly enhances the utility of a bike

not everyone wants a centrestand
I don't anyway.
maybe it will become an option, or the bike could be too low for one??

·
Registered
33 Posts

Some ppl think it will ruin the look of the bike, which I agree with. The backrest makes sense for people to sit behind you. But ppl ride alone most of the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the most part the back rest just doesn't flow with the ctx700's overall look. But If you ride often with a passenger on the rear you might want to consider a back for the comfort of the passenger. It makes sense especially with a bike like the ctx700 if you plan to cruise it'll be harsh for your passenger to hold on for dear life for a long period of time when you cruise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts