Repair problems after attempted theft - Page 2 - Honda CTX700 Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

I've run up against the problem of rules stipulating no motorcycles more than a few times, especially in exclusive gated communities or retirement communities. The problem generally has to do with noise and the number of complaints generated by residents or tenants. I've also heard an owner state publically that motorcyclist generate the wrong image. Since its private property, owners can pretty much do anything they want as long as its clearly stipulated in the lease or deed restrictions or HOA bylaws in the case of a private community. Its also quite common to ban commercial vehicles, boats, trailers, RV's, large trucks, etc.

Getting a manager or owner to bend is next to impossible because if they allow one, they no longer maintain the legal right to ban any others without the possibility litigation. Its easier to ban them all and be done with it.
fjones likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

That's fair I suppose. The parking lease specifically says "Parking is for compact and medium-sized motor vehicles only". I guess motorcycles are technically not a "compact motor vehicle" but I'd really prefer it explicitly say no motorcycles (in the same way it explicitly says "Large trucks are not allowed").
fjones likes this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 09:11 AM

Unfortunately, Honda will sell (according to my dealer) only 2 new bags, nothing else. Does that sound right?

Ride safe,
Steve

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBoy View Post
Unfortunately, Honda will sell (according to my dealer) only 2 new bags, nothing else. Does that sound right?

Ride safe,
Steve
Yes and no. Honda will only sell the bags as a set. The stays are sold separately. Unless something drastic has changed, the stays should be readily available. You can purchase everything you need at a much reduced price from Procaliber. 2014 Honda CTX700 Cargo, Pro Caliber
fjones and MaineBoy like this.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBoy View Post

Ride safe,
Steve
The bags, stays and panels are all sold separately. The hollow tubes that are part of the bags come with the bags along with the locks automatically, both need to be installed after received.
fjones likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 09:30 PM

am glad you got your bike back.

one think you might want to consider is lowering you comprehensive deductible. mine is $50. and price between $50 and $100 was about $10 more a year.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 05:47 PM

Garage
Not being able to park your bike in YOUR spot is ridiculous. Is this some hoity-toity place? I'd buy a $500 rusted out beater car and cut the exhaust off at the header just to piss them off. The stock CTX is quieter than most cars. Unreal.

PS: Sorry about your bike - if someone was to steal my bike (or car for that matter) I'd rather have them total it than to get it back in thrashed condition, although in your case it seems they didn't actually get it running so they could beat on it.

Current Motorbikes:
- 2014 Honda CTX700N (118,000 miles) - the daily rider
- 2019 Yamaha VMX17 "VMAX" (2,100 miles) - the weekend Hellraiser

Previous Motorbikes:
- 1986 Honda CB700SC "Nighthawk S"
- 1990 Yamaha YX600 "Radian"
- 2002 Yamaha FZS1000 "FZ1"
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:23 PM

Welcome and sorry for your troubles.
When you talk with apartment owner, have him listen and see bike. May help.
I agree with big generic lockable covering.

Keep us up to date.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in