CTX700NDCT Now Mostly Dead
I am the least mechanical, but I will try to detail what went on in a short order:
1) Rode Monday, all fine, getting low on gas.
2) Kid next door and I install Shad rack with seat removed. Replaced seat and put on battery tender.
3) Today, disconnect tender and starts fine and all electrical displays are fine.
4) Ride a couple blocks and start off toward gas station and suddenly it is acting like it is stuck in first gear. Realize that there is zero display and nothing electrical except my modulated headlight is fine. No turn signals, no brake lights, no display, just the headlight.
5) Tried D/S/M and no changes. Ride in bicycle lane to gas station in case that is the problem. Gas fill changes nothing.
6) Now it will go about a block in this first gear mode and then move to a Neutral equivalent by itself-no power, but engine running and revving.
7) Shut it off restart, put in D and it does the same as 6. Always starts fine
8) Limp it home and in to garage.
9) Put on battery tender.
10) Now all the above is the same except when you turn on the key you hear the sound of the fuel pump pressurizing and about 4 sounds of clunk, clunk, clunk and then that stops. Key off and try again and get exact same thing. Still only the headlight is working, even on the battery tender.
So... I am willing to try some simple stuff that you will suggest. When I get time tomorrow I will check the fuses - which ones should I zero in on?? Anything else to try.
Thanks in advance for any help. Signing off for a while and will check back later today and several times each day for a while.