Windshield Cant Decide On One - Honda CTX700 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By William Cralle

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Windshield Cant Decide On One

2015 Honda CTX 700N DCT I cannot decide from the PUIG or Madstad. I am sure we have all been here before. My height is 5' 11. They both seem to be made of good quality and value and to me both look good as well when looking at them. Guess this is a important question since it is my understanding one you can adjust the other you cant if I am

correct. I have also seen some knock offs not sure I would even consider any of them though. I am assuming best height would be at the nose level when sitting, I do realize this will vary with many riders though. What would be the best size when ordering one for my height?? Looks like size chart goes from 16 to 26 Madstad shows. Thank You

Last edited by War_Book; 01-10-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 05:34 PM
Ira

Garage
well, I'm 5' 8" and have the Puig universal touring II, with risers your could raise the height of the windshield if it's not high enough and I did see it on e-bay recently for under $115 (if I had the storage I might have bought it as a back-up).
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 08:15 AM

The Puig is notorious for their lensing effect of the sun and as a result fry the display. If you go with them, be sure to put something over the display when parked....

2016 CTX700 DCT ABS (His)
2016 CTX700N DCT ABS (Hers)
If you thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around. - Will Rogers

Rear Electrical Harness Adapter

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 12:39 PM
Abk

I installed Givi on a full faired CTX700. Works great. Just those plastic holders
are pain to remove and install.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorecaves View Post
The Puig is notorious for their lensing effect of the sun and as a result fry the display. If you go with them, be sure to put something over the display when parked....

Guess I will pass on that one then, Not interested in a shield that will cause that myself. That MRA looks pretty good and so does the Madstad. Will half to measure my height when sitting down to know which one I will need. I like how they have cut the screen on the Madstad myself.

Last edited by War_Book; 01-14-2020 at 01:06 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 04:59 PM

my Puig naked windscreen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-08-25 left side windscreen (4).jpg (255.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-08-25 instrument cluster, bars windscreen (7).jpg (284.0 KB, 3 views)
Pamela Barnes likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 08:12 PM

We have 2018 N models and have put Madstad shields on both. It really helps with the wind at freeway speeds. My wife and I are the same height, but she has a longer inseam. For my wife, the Madstad site measurement directions said 20" shield. I tried it out and still got buffeting around my helmet. I just bought the 24" shield, and it is much improved. That said, you're still going to get wind.

2018 CTX700N
2005 Yamaha Majesty sold

All the gear, all the time.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:47 PM

My 2015 came to me with a Madstad. Not that I have much to compare with, but I really like it.. Easy to adjust to many positions with just your bare hands. It is strange, but you have to try several positions for it and some don't make sense. Most seem to have it tilted toward them which I find counterintuitive, but it works for me. Not sure what height mine is, but it seems folks on here use some measurement from Madstad site, but then a lot of them wish they had the one 2 inches taller. Good luck in your search.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 04:03 PM

I have the faired version, I am 5'10" and found that the Madstad 16" was perfect for me. I can see over the screen easily and provides great protection. I followed the recommendations from Madstad to make the measurements and was assisted by my wife.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
... It is strange, but you have to try several positions for it and some don't make sense...
Exactly! I know one of our brainier members here tried an explanation, with diagrams no less, but I still don't get how or why it works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in