VA (got used 2015 manual) - Honda CTX700 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By devaa6

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

VA (got used 2015 manual)

Picked up a used 2015 CTX700 faired model 2 weeks ago for $3k from a private seller. The bike has 1100 miles on it and is pure stock with no addons ( I hope I can slowly add them over time). I’ve only ridden sport bikes all my life and the first 30mins on CTX felt really weird with forward pegs and still feels like I can’t trust the bike in the corners. But I am enjoying the relaxed riding position and can’t stop riding even in the cold 🙂 Just wanted to say Hi to all! Hoping to take this bike for many long drives in future and also use as a daily commute (save the CBR for fun ride Friday’s)

- Dev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:05 PM

Garage
Welcome! Enjoy your new toy!

The extra weight is low enough to vanish on clean dry roads, and the pegs scrape long before you're low on traction. It's a nice relaxing ride once you get used to the difference, and an excellent year-round commuter with 60 MPG in the city and tight, easy handling on thin roads and in parking lots. One good way to get used to it is to take it to the intermediate or advanced MSF course if you can find one this late in the year.

Know that on wet leaves or wet paint the weight can show up quick, and it also wiggles pretty easily in the snow too. (I take the van if there's any snow in the forecast, but we got surprised once.)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujawskir View Post
Welcome! Enjoy your new toy!

The extra weight is low enough to vanish on clean dry roads, and the pegs scrape long before you're low on traction. It's a nice relaxing ride once you get used to the difference, and an excellent year-round commuter with 60 MPG in the city and tight, easy handling on thin roads and in parking lots. One good way to get used to it is to take it to the intermediate or advanced MSF course if you can find one this late in the year.

Know that on wet leaves or wet paint the weight can show up quick, and it also wiggles pretty easily in the snow too. (I take the van if there's any snow in the forecast, but we got surprised once.)
Thank you!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 12:17 AM

Welcome,
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 09:14 PM

Welcome !
Did you keep your sport bike? If not, you'll miss it from time to time.........then you won't
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, yes I am keeping the CBR repsol. Hopefully after years of fun rides, it still holds value as it is maintained in pristine condition 🙂
Evangelos k likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in