CTX700N windshield options. MRA? - Page 2 - Honda CTX700 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodIdeaDave View Post
I have the naked 2018 model. The dealer tells me there is an OEM windshield for it. Does anyone use the Honda OEM windshield? I see this Honda part number, 08r70-mjf-a30-kit-high-windscreen, but no discussion of it anywhere I google.

And yeah, that's a clue...
Amazon lists that part number as the high windscreen for the faired model, not the Naked:

HONDA TALL WINDSCREEN 2014 CTX700 CTX700D 2014 08R70-MJF-A30 ( these models are faired with manual and DCT )

You might ask your dealer to order one for the N version so you can look at it. All info we have seen is there is no OEM screen for the CTX700N.
goodIdeaDave likes this.

Professor

Honda 2015 CTX700N DCT ABS (Silver Bullet)
Mods: (Check the Gallery)
Puig Universal Touring windscreen
CustomTaylor33 reflective rim tape
Corbin standard dual saddle seat
Mutazu luggage rack assembly
Mutazu model FY hard saddle bags
Comie Top Case
Madstad kickstand shoe
T-Rex center stand

Last edited by Professor*76; 08-08-2019 at 12:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:39 PM

Garage
I have the MRA CTX700N specific model and it works really well especially considering its size. The mounting solution is great uses two replacement bolts on the handle bar holder with a sleeve so the brackets do not even contact the bike at all just the bolt sleeve.

The wind protection is great from a small screen. If there are any questions on this model just let me know.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...700n-2014-2016
goodIdeaDave likes this.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post
Here is where I ordered mine (specific for 700N)

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-...-ctx700n-14-15

here it is mounted

I need one also, Does that only protect the chest from wind or does it also protect the face as well?? Wont let me see the picture you posted. I prefer something protecting the chest area other then the face area. I am 5'11

Last edited by War_Book; 08-08-2019 at 12:33 PM.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:28 PM

Thanks, Professor*76 and TNCTX700N. I downloaded the instructions for that Honda part number and the illustrations look like the faired (? fairinged, has fairings??) model. I'm thinking a Honda part doesn't exist for the naked model.

I really like the look (and the price point) of the MRA, but I am concerned that when I get up to 65 it's not tall enough and will slap me about the head and shoulders. People seem to love their Madstad's, but those are almost double the price for a tall one. Also, I found MRAs website and asked them to confirm that their screen will fit my 2018.

2018 CTX700N
2005 Yamaha Majesty sold

All the gear, all the time.

Last edited by goodIdeaDave; 08-08-2019 at 04:52 PM.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:36 PM

I had a MRA on my V-Strom (made just for the V-Strom) it worked great.
Everybody loves their MadStrad & soon gets pass their "look."
Windshields, tires, oils; ask 20 people get 20 different answers.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks, Professor*76 and TNCTX700N. I downloaded the instructions for that Honda part number and the illustrations look like the faired (? fairinged, has fairings??) model. I'm thinking a Honda part doesn't exist for the naked model.

I really like the look (and the price point) of the MRA, but I am concerned that when I get up to 65 it's not tall enough and will slap me about the head and shoulders. People seem to love their Madstad's, but those are almost double the price for a tall one. Also, I found MRAs website and asked them to confirm that their screen will fit my 2018.
How tall are you, I'm 5'11" with at 32" inseam at highway speeds there is minor buffeting at the head area for me but very minor completely tolerable, the shield creates a pocket of clean air and pushes the wind up and over my shoulders. Frankly when it's hot out the shield deflects too much wind IMO but everything is a compromise. I think the shield would work very well for you if you are my height or shorter. Much taller I really don't know a few inches shorter I think you'd be in a very clean air pocket. It does a lot considering it's size and aesthetic, there is no way it will provide the same protection as the big screens but you have to take it on balance.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:52 PM

I just installed a windscreen from Puig. Very easy to install. I watched a YouTube video that helped with the bolt placement and snap plugs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190810_164447.jpg (197.0 KB, 3 views)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehlert View Post
I just installed a windscreen from Puig. Very easy to install. I watched a YouTube video that helped with the bolt placement and snap plugs.
Nice job, but the OP is interested in windscreens for the Naked CTX.

Professor

Honda 2015 CTX700N DCT ABS (Silver Bullet)
Mods: (Check the Gallery)
Puig Universal Touring windscreen
CustomTaylor33 reflective rim tape
Corbin standard dual saddle seat
Mutazu luggage rack assembly
Mutazu model FY hard saddle bags
Comie Top Case
Madstad kickstand shoe
T-Rex center stand
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
I have the naked 2018 model. The dealer tells me there is an OEM windshield for it. Does anyone use the Honda OEM windshield? I see this Honda part number, 08r70-mjf-a30-kit-high-windscreen, but no discussion of it anywhere I google.

And yeah, that's a clue...

https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/do...70-MJF-A30.pdf

That unit is for the fared model only. Here are the installation instructions for the wind screen directly from Honda's website. The shield is listed as an accessory for the CTX700N but that is clearly an error. There is no Honda shield for the N. The only option is to go with a universal screen, or one of the few made just for the N variant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in