Puig swapped for an MRA windscreen - Honda CTX700 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy Hammond
Puig swapped for an MRA windscreen

I have had the Puig Universal Touring II windscreen on my CTXN for a couples years but always wanted to try the MRA windscreen since I first saw it in 2015 on the Twisted Throttle website! Recently the MRA unit popped up on a web search and I decided I had to try it! I removed my Puig and installed the MRA in about an hour and have now had some riding experience. The following links share some info on the install and brief rides!

Jimmy H.
AKA Spirit IV - CTX700N

Spirit IV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 06:01 AM

I had the MRA screen. It was really good looking and worked fine at speeds below 80kmh, but I preferred better protection and ordered a new one from US Florida. Will install it in the spring. I could sell the MRA screen, but maybe post fees are too high to USA.

Last edited by maurimy; 01-21-2020 at 06:03 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 01:41 AM

Garage
I run the MRA screen on my naked CTX and it's fine and all but pretty much directs air right to my upper chest/face area. Since I wear a full face helmet it doesn't bother me, but on the rare occasion where I can be found without my full face- the wind is noticeable.
Not any worse than without a screen at all. Much less wind on my chest, but it doesn't do much above about my neck-line. Without my full face helmet, I really notice the wind. My helmet visor is certainly a graveyard for bugs, so my face is still plowing thru the air.

I wasn't impressed with the taller 'touring' type windscreens. They look fine on the fairing version of the CTX but look out of place on the narrow front end of the naked. Likewise, the standard 'double bubble' screen found on most sport bikes look nice, but have almost no effect (unless you are in full tuck) on the wind hitting your chest and face. The MRA is a decent middle ground, but leans toward the sport bike sized windscreen in terms of protection. Better than nothing, but also not on par with tall screens for raw protection.

Just seems like an expensive option compared to others on the market. However, I have zero complaints with mine. It went on in a few minutes and has stayed rock solid since installation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in