T-Rex Center Stand - Page 7 - Honda CTX700 Forum
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafr87 View Post
can someone put a good source and part number for the center stand for 2017 ctx700dct . ?
See post # 1 of this thread.

Professor

Honda 2015 CTX700N DCT ABS (Silver Bullet)
Mods: (Check the Gallery)
Puig Universal Touring windscreen
CustomTaylor33 reflective rim tape
Corbin standard dual saddle seat
Mutazu luggage rack assembly
Mutazu model FY hard saddle bags
Comie Top Case
Madstad kickstand shoe
T-Rex center stand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 11:54 PM

Alright another successful T-Rex center stand installation BUT....First I wondered if I was ever going to get the bolt on the right side threaded and tightened, then, THEN the springs. Now why two springs, could they not find one spring to do the trick???? About 2 hours later using what I believe is some sort of old drum brake tool I finally did it (I'm 70 years old, I used to do my own brake jobs). You know it was a bit of a learning experience and during that learning I lost some of that nice powder coating they put on.

Well, still takes some pretty good grunt power to get the bike up on that stand but I could do it. I used to have a C10 Kawasaki Concours, now that was a scary bike to get on the center stand!

Anyway as I tucked the CTX back in its spot in the garage and then parked the pickup back in front of it I noticed I can now walk between the two, before the truck was only an inch or two from touching the CTX. Besides easier chain maintenance that it takes up less room is a nice bonus!
Professor*76 likes this.
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 03:40 PM

Gonna get one whenever and if they get in stock.

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 06:20 PM

I haven't ordered one yet, but on the installation video I only see one spring, on the left side only?
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 06:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandel View Post
I haven't ordered one yet, but on the installation video I only see one spring, on the left side only?
There are actually two springs. A smaller one is inside the larger one.

Professor

Honda 2015 CTX700N DCT ABS (Silver Bullet)
Mods: (Check the Gallery)
Puig Universal Touring windscreen
CustomTaylor33 reflective rim tape
Corbin standard dual saddle seat
Mutazu luggage rack assembly
Mutazu model FY hard saddle bags
Comie Top Case
Madstad kickstand shoe
T-Rex center stand
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 07:56 PM

Waiting on my Radiant shorty muffler to come in (maybe next week), but saw a video on Youtube of centerstand hitting radiant muffler in the up position. Anyone had this issue? Supposedly have to grind off material on centerstand to clear. Don't have a centerstand yet, but planned on getting one when they're back in stock at T-Rex.
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
My T-rex came in Wednesday and installed it Thursday. It was easy installing it, until I try to install the springs. It took me hours to install trying to figure out how I can get it in place, I have no proper tools to install the spring. After a lot of swearing and cursing, I found an easier way for me to install the spring. I have to use some nylon strings, the one they use to pull wires inside conduits, and made 2 big loops. I put one side of the loop on the end of the spring and the other other side of the loop around my foot, went down the floor and started pulling it with my foot towards the rear of the MC until I can get the spring attached to the center stand. I could have saved a lot of hours and shoulder pain if I had it done it this way. I hope this can help others trying to get their spring attached to the center stand. Be sure to use a strong enough string if you are doing it this way (wear eye protection also).
Sparrow, I'm quoting your post because you are my hero today. We finally had a nice day to do my install out in the crowded and unheated shed. I laid my tools out, watched the T-Rex install video one last time, then dug in. Three full hours later, including coming back inside to reference Sparrows spring solution, the CTX now sports a functioning center stand.

Things to know if you buy a T-Rex...starting and tightening the right hand side will cause one to question the very nature of existence. If the bike is not on a lift, there is no way to see the nut you are trying to thread on the bolt, plus due to the tight space, you can't hold the bolt in place and thread the nut, you need to hold the nut and thread the bolt into it while making sure the washer stays in place. I finally found that I could hold the nut with a needlenose vice grips and turn the bolt with a ratchet. Bad words were used.
Also, everyone is right about the spring. It does not pop right on like the video shows. After many more bad words, I took a break to go in and look at this thread again, remembering something about Sparrow's solution. Back to the shed with a length of paracord I rigged it up and in a few seconds the springs were in place. A real plus for this method is that one can do it while holding their head well back from the likely path of flying things should the cord fail. Sparrow is right...wear safety glasses.

So, I put my tools away and put her up on the stand for the first time. It took some effort as it's been a few decades since I last did it, but once I get the leverage figured out again it will be easier. I already love it.
350Four and VisionDonNebr like this.

Current Ride: 2014 CTX700 "Vivian"
Past Rides: 2003 Shadow Spirit 750 "Annie" (Sold)
1976 Kawasaki KH400 2-stroke triple "(inappropriate for young readers)" (Sold and wish I hadn't)
1975 Kawasaki KZ400 (Crashed)

Last edited by PA Dave; 01-15-2020 at 05:34 PM.
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 06:21 PM

Well, as of today...it's out of stock. Rats.
https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2014-20...p/n46-14cs.htm

Current stable: MZ Baghira SM, Honda CTX700, Rogue 540 (custom café)

Previously owned: Honda CB200T, Suzuki TS125, Kawasaki KZ750LTD, Yamaha RZ350, Suzuki Savage, Yamaha SR500, BMW R75/5, Buell M2, Honda Shadow 1100 ('86), Honda 919
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 03:44 PM

T-Rex Center Stand

T-Rex Center Stands are back in stock. Ordered mine today. Thanks all for the info and advice.
PA Dave and 350Four like this.
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old Today, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
Sparrow, I'm quoting your post because you are my hero today. We finally had a nice day to do my install out in the crowded and unheated shed. I laid my tools out, watched the T-Rex install video one last time, then dug in. Three full hours later, including coming back inside to reference Sparrows spring solution, the CTX now sports a functioning center stand.

Things to know if you buy a T-Rex...starting and tightening the right hand side will cause one to question the very nature of existence. If the bike is not on a lift, there is no way to see the nut you are trying to thread on the bolt, plus due to the tight space, you can't hold the bolt in place and thread the nut, you need to hold the nut and thread the bolt into it while making sure the washer stays in place. I finally found that I could hold the nut with a needlenose vice grips and turn the bolt with a ratchet. Bad words were used.
Also, everyone is right about the spring. It does not pop right on like the video shows. After many more bad words, I took a break to go in and look at this thread again, remembering something about Sparrow's solution. Back to the shed with a length of paracord I rigged it up and in a few seconds the springs were in place. A real plus for this method is that one can do it while holding their head well back from the likely path of flying things should the cord fail. Sparrow is right...wear safety glasses.

So, I put my tools away and put her up on the stand for the first time. It took some effort as it's been a few decades since I last did it, but once I get the leverage figured out again it will be easier. I already love it.

I am glad it has helped you with this spring install challenge, and hopefully it will help others too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in