Winter riding plans? - Honda CTX700 Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Ira

Garage
Exclamation Winter riding plans?

Practicing gratitude and patience waiting for roads to dry in comfort with this man's best friend against his leg!
kujawskir likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:46 PM

Riding every day that it's warm enough, and not raining. I don't trust the cagers in the rain.
kujawskir likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:26 AM

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Dave View Post
Riding every day that it's warm enough, and not raining. I don't trust the cagers in the rain.
Yeah, me too. Even though you don't ride in the rain out there, please watch out for the mudslides!
kujawskir and Ira like this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Ride some distances when weather is fair enough, I rode over 200 miles just Saturday. The usual daily commute to work and other small errands. I have to do about 150 mile ride soon to get some warranty work done on one of my bikes. I'm moving into a house today and throughout this week. I am having a shop/storage building built for my bikes soon after that. Planning a trip to Hawaii to ride some, but have to coordinate with two others, that is not easy to do. Busy winter, but good things!
Keco, Mdaniels4, kujawskir and 2 others like this.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:28 AM

Garage
38 degrees here in Orlando today, rode into work this morning. little cold but I bundled up.
Ira likes this.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/hon...6/troup/670877

2016 CTX700 DCT
Cee Bailey 22" w/vent, center stand, USB adapter, LED strip lights, Saddlebags & Rack, Kuryakyn Floorboards
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:06 AM

Winter has fully settled in up here, already lots of snow, so my winter riding will all be in my memories.

2015 ctx700 faired dct
my other toys:
UNFORTUNATELY UNABLE TO BE IDENTIFIED
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:11 AM

The National Park Service announced this fall that they're keeping the Oregon Inlet Campground open all winter at Cape Hatteras National Seashore. It's a leisurely 4 hour ride through the back country coastal plain of NC. Gorgeous beaches and some of the best surf fishing on the east coast. I'm just waiting for one of North Carolina's 60-70 degree winter days to ride down for an overnight. It's been cold and rainy so far this Fall but we almost always get 2 or 3 warm spells each winter.

https://www.nps.gov/caha/index.htm

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. (Mark Twain)

2014 CTX700e, 6 speed, white

Corbin low
Cee Bailey 23 w/vent
Shad SH36's
Shad SH50 trunk
Oxford heated grips
Kuryakyn 4357 foot board and 8815 splines
Denali DM Micro LED driving lights
Tutoro Auto oiler
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Garage
This will me my fourth year riding to work through PA winter as well as I did through the summer heat. It can get down near 0° F plus wind chill, or heat index above 100°, I just change the layers and make sure I drink plenty of water.
Hopefully a few mountain runs after the snow's set in, they are beautiful when white.
I'll miss days when snow is forecast, 4 days one year, 12 another, who knows? In spring, summer, and autumn I'll miss a few days if it's raining on the way in to work, but I don't mind riding home wet where I can just change when I get there.

- Shiny side up,
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:13 PM

Tomorrow will be sunny and 50 degrees in St. Louis. On days like this, riding is still enjoyable. I'm too old to be miserable on purpose! We are fortunate to get days like that every few weeks or so throughout the winter, or at least into the 40's so I don't have to completely put the bike away for the winter months. The rides are a lot shorter though, but it's fun to get a chance to feel the wind and then head back to warm up inside. Of course, retirement helps being able to take advantage of these days when they come along.
Mdaniels4 and Professor*76 like this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM

Garage
My club is doing a ride today taking off work love warm days in nov.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in