One for Honda - Page 2 - Honda CTX700 Forum
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelos k View Post
I will disagree with you Rebel. Iím not one liking black, AT ALL. I might have be riding a ZX6R or ZX10R now IF the dealer had them in anything else but black. It looks awful. But this Honda scheme surprisingly blew me away, besides the sales price. The rear hugger and those red patches in the subframe under the seat were done by me in red CF wrap.
Of course you would say that, you just dumped a large chunk of cash on one and you are naturally going to justify it and spending time with it, you are letting it grow on you as well. You just contradicted your response, "Iím not one liking black, AT ALL" and then reaffirm the good sale price. We call that a bias opinion. IF the price was still MSRP, you would definitely dislike and pass it up with no hesitation....As you said yourself many times here before, most of the Honda's out there are downright unattractive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel13 View Post
Of course you would say that, you just dumped a large chunk of cash on one and you are naturally going to justify it and spending time with it, you are letting it grow on you as well. You just contradicted your response, "I’m not one liking black, AT ALL" and then reaffirm the good sale price. We call that a bias opinion. IF the price was still MSRP, you would definitely dislike and pass it up with no hesitation....As you said yourself many times here before, most of the Honda's out there are downright unattractive.
Not really, since I could have gotten the 2019 ZX6R for 9.3K out the door in May, that I went back and test rode twice since I wanted it, but the black was no go - considerably cheaper than the 12.5K this one cost OTD. And the 2019 ZX10R was 13.2 OTD, so not really a difference at $700 more since it also came with the Quick shifter standard, that I got separately on the CBR. Or the 2019 Street Triple RS at the same time for 10K in black. Passed on all.
But thanks for letting me know what I like. It’s not like I did not say I would be riding a ZX10R or ZXR6 if not in BLACK I could have gotten for LESS or the same price...

-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2017 Honda CBR1000RR
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
-2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Last edited by Evangelos k; 12-09-2019 at 10:30 AM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelos k View Post
Not really, since I could have gotten the 2019 ZX6R for 9.3K out the door in May, that I went back and test rode twice since I wanted it, but the black was no go - considerably cheaper than the 12.5K this one cost OTD. And the 2019 ZX10R was 13.2 OTD, so not really a difference at $700 more since it also came with the Quick shifter standard, that I got separately on the CBR. Or the 2019 Street Triple RS at the same time for 10K in black. Passed on all.
But thanks for letting me know what I like. Itís not like I did not say I would be riding a ZX10R or ZXR6 if not in BLACK I could have gotten for LESS or the same price...
" I might have be riding a ZX6R or ZX10R now IF the dealer had them in anything else but black. " I'm only pointing out your contradictory understanding. The ZX6 and street triple are in a different class than the liter bikes, so they naturally cost much less cause you get less.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel13 View Post
" I might have be riding a ZX6R or ZX10R now IF the dealer had them in anything else but black. " I'm only pointing out your contradictory understanding. The ZX6 and street triple are in a different class than the liter bikes, so they naturally cost much less cause you get less.
I like bikes. No matter the engine size. I browse, if I find good deals and I test ride and I like it, I might buy it. The ones I passed were way before the CBR in May. I past them because they were awful in black. They were cheaper and the 10R actually the same price as the CBR, considering the QS. And actually the more powerful, advanced bike on electronics. Insane to ride. So my point is I passed on that because it looks awful, in black. However, for the same price and for on paper a less speced bike, I did like the CBR. No way I would have gotten it had I not liked it, as I did pass on the better 10R. Simple as that.

My statement indeed implies I do not like black bikes. So you bet I do like the CBR in black because no way it would have come home, as the 10R did not, and black does fit the bike in my eyes, but did not the other ones.
kujawskir likes this.

-2017 Honda CBR1000RR
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

So...

Let me make clear that I do like the CBR1000RR. I do like the Color scheme (that I improved upon), the handling, above all I like the riding position between all super sports, the add on QS is a dream.

However... Honda fanboys get ready for a roast.

In typical HONDA US fashion... the bike is stupidly, idiotically, retarded limited in power for the US market. The 13.2 redline is a joke, since the bike hits its limit at about 10.5K with the idiotic restriction in software that only opens the primaries to 73%. Thatís the new 100% for American Honda. Also, in typical Honda fashion, being the last company to implement an IMU, the IMU is still not tied up to traction control and wheelie control. It is old fashion wheel speed sensors for those, leaving it in the dust when it comes to implementation and practical application, when compared to the similarly priced competition. Way to waste a brand new designed IMU and not use it.

And then... you should read the frustration of users who actually utilize the bike for track, and racing. 0 support, good luck finding a racing ECU from Honda, the racing harness, nothing. When everyone else offers it. I can buy the KAWA racing harness online on their website.

So, yeah... 189HP on paper, US models put down maybe 155... everyone else in the 180ís. Which is OK, if Honda did not charge the same money like everyone else, and then I have to buy the Quickshifter extra?

Oh well... an ECU flash is in the plans, and this was a good price. liked the color, it is a good bike, but red tag close outs is the only way I would have bought or buy again Honda. And that is from someone who owns 2 Honda cars, and 1 Honda bike... so take my word to the bank.
Arrgh likes this.

-2017 Honda CBR1000RR
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

ctxdawg, mzflorida and Arrgh like this.

-2017 Honda CBR1000RR
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Now you're just getting carried away with the red, too much. You can ditch the spools now that you are using that lift. Sliders...a hideous and pointless accessory... And you still have reflectors?

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

If I like the Repsol version, you can guess there is nothing overdone FOR ME, AND MY BIKE

Sliders do work, until they donít. So they are on for when they will work if needed.
mzflorida and Arrgh like this.

-2017 Honda CBR1000RR
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 12:19 PM

Garage
How cool is a Repsol Honda?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1CBD5E50-0911-46BF-A7FC-8F1A76D1248A.jpeg (82.0 KB, 4 views)
Evangelos k likes this.

Fast or slow, where you look is where youíll go.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old Today, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Living proof sliders work, to a point. Took a spill at the track at about 42mi/h, on the hairpin. Frame sliders saved everything, absolutely 0 damage on shifter, frame, steering. Without them, I would be out of an extra 800 bucks about for the whole front fairings, plus shifter, clutch lever, possibly bent clip on. One minor scuff on top tank plastic panel, red trim tape by slider, and a scratch on stator case. Rear tail needs 2 pieces replaced. Rear axle slider saved the swing arm. What does not work is the rear spools. If you have them, take them off when riding, they do more damage than good.
I did not, and there is a very slight dent on the swing arm because if it, that was saved by the actual rear axle slider.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 660FFD67-5B1B-42ED-8BFF-3DBD9B5E59F0.jpeg (144.9 KB, 4 views)

-2017 Honda CBR1000RR
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx

Last edited by Evangelos k; Today at 02:18 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in