The new JFC Bracketz design is available from Grille Technologies - Honda CTX700 Forum
 81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation The new JFC Bracketz design is available from Grille Technologies

I'm happy to announce the final design details and source availability for the new JFC Bracketz project we've been talking about doing recently. My meeting with the Grille Technologies owner, Ryan Walsh yesterday was far more fruitful than I ever expected! (But Ryan, being Ryan, I really shouldn't have been surprised).

Ryan was moved by the circumstances surrounding this project and instead of the $170-200 per set price I was talking about last month, he is offering a set of the new brackets for the same price as when John was having them made -- $130.00! That price includes USPS flat rate delivery to wherever the medium box Flat Rate Service can be sent. Our folks overseas in places like Oz, the UK and Europe will have to make other shipping arrangements, but you would expect that of course.

Once all is said and done, the bracketz will be offered via Grill Tech's eBay store. Watch this space for further ordering details. If you want to be one of the first in line to get a set, PM me for the email contact to use. (for privacy, I won't show an email address in an open forum posting)

Sans any photos, here is what the new design will look like. Physically, they are very similar to JFC's original with 3/16" plate construction remaining, but with some obvious physical differences. The side plate is about the same size @9 5/32" wide by 7" high.

Instead of two holes for the mounting, the trailing mount will be a small slot to allow some minor side-to-side alignment adjustments. The big hole on the vertical plate has been removed and the fold over distance from the body tupperware been cut back to pull the bags in about 1" closer. We will pre-drill 3/8" holes near the four corners inasmuch as hand drilling steel plate is quite a chore. The big hole was removed to provide more mounting options to the end user, as well as reduce the cost of production. The big hole's cutout of a few ounces of weight saving proved to be insignificant,

Grill Technologies minimum run will be 20 sets at a time, so buyers will usually be getting shipment from shelf stock rather than weeks of delay to build to order (as was the case in the past).

Those of you who purchased my heel shifter arms in the past can attest to the high quality fit & finish of the Grill Technologies mat black powder coating. Black powder is their forte what with 100's of products they make every week that are baked in their garage sized walk-in ovens!

As each of you can tell, I'm delighted that Grill Technologies will be making these bracketz for our CTX700 forum families. JSYK, I don't need nor use this style bracket since my CTX is a trike and has the Yelvington OEM style bag supports.

Also, be advised that neither @Daddy Dave nor myself profits from this project. And I'd be hard pressed to believe that Grill Technologies is covering all their real costs to make them available at the $130 price as well!

Last edited by BobWitte; 08-17-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 02:22 PM

Garage
Amazing job, thanks and well done. Although I don't need a set if I did I wouldn't hesitate to order one. Thanks for picking up the torch to do this for our members.
BobWitte likes this.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 03:19 PM

Garage
Nice Job. Not only is it a fine tribute to JFC but it is also good to promote a company like Grill Technologies for the work that they have done. I think part of what they are doing is also in recognition of the effort that you, Bob, and DD have put into this in tribute to a friend and colleague. As we live in the time of the impersonal Big Box store, personalized service is what will often make a company. If I didn't have my Shad system, I would order a set for myself.
BobWitte, CTX2fer and Daddy Dave like this.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Do Grille Tech a favor if you can

I forgot to mention in my first post above that Ryan at Grille Technologies is trying to build up a presence on Instagram. I just signed up myself for the first time so I could tag some of his photos with "likes" and "follows" to help him along with that.

If any of our forum folks are Instagram users, feel free to stop in on Ryans page so you can like/follow anything that appeals to you. Just search for "Grille_Tech" and it will pop right up. If nothing else, you should get a kick out of his monster pick-up and his wife's tank like soccer-mom van. Both of these feature several Grille Technologies products.

Even if you have no interest in the new JFC Bracketz product, Ryan has other cool stuff for Instagram fans, so enjoy -- and give a pal a boost!
Daddy Dave likes this.

Last edited by BobWitte; 08-17-2019 at 03:30 PM.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 04:04 PM

Bob,

Thank you for putting this all together, and thanks to Ryan for offering the "JFC Bracketz" at such a low price. I'll be speaking with John's daughter, Alisha, this weekend, and will be happy to report to her that John's legacy, or at least this part of his legacy, will live on. I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I believe John is still with us, So I'm sure that this will be good news to him also. He was worried that forum members wouldn't be able to get mounting brackets anymore. You see, even as he struggles for every breath, his heart and spirit are about giving to others. May he be an inspiration for us all.

To all who benefitted from his presence, his knowledge, and his leadership, please say a prayer for him.

All the best,

Dave
BobWitte, Mdaniels4, dgall and 5 others like this.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWitte View Post
the fold over distance from the body tupperware been cut back to pull the bags in about 1" closer.
Thanks Bob! I'll definitely want a set and will PM you for the contact e-mail.
I was in the process of making my own brackets, but have been too busy and haven't made much progress. I did notice that by pulling the bags in about 1" closer, the passenger handhold looks like it will interfere with my Mutazu hard bag and will not allow the top to open. Maybe that's why the original JFC bracket protruded out further. I plan to remove the handholds, so the new JFC Bracketz will not be a problem.
BobWitte likes this.

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple - Dr. Seuss
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:50 PM

Thank you so much guys for getting this back on track. I will be ordering a set to replace my aluminum custom mounts I made
BobWitte likes this.

2014 candy red 700D dct abs
2015 silver 700N dct abs
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Thanks Bob! I'll definitely want a set and will PM you for the contact e-mail.
I was in the process of making my own brackets, but have been too busy and haven't made much progress. I did notice that by pulling the bags in about 1" closer, the passenger handhold looks like it will interfere with my Mutazu hard bag and will not allow the top to open. Maybe that's why the original JFC bracket protruded out further. I plan to remove the handholds, so the new JFC Bracketz will not be a problem.
Yep, there are always compromises in a one size fits all project!
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:37 AM

Garage
I probably should have waited for this....I have a local shop making me a slightly smaller set of brackets (unpainted) for $75. If they don't work or fit, I will definitely order a set of these bracketz.
BobWitte likes this.

Professor

Honda 2015 CTX700N DCT ABS (Silver Bullet)
Mods: (Check the Gallery)
Puig Universal Touring windscreen
CustomTaylor33 reflective rim tape
Corbin standard dual saddle seat
Mutazu luggage rack assembly
Mutazu model FY hard saddle bags
Comie Top Case
Madstad kickstand shoe
T-Rex center stand
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I did notice that by pulling the bags in about 1" closer, the passenger handhold looks like it will interfere with my Mutazu hard bag and will not allow the top to open. Maybe that's why the original JFC bracket protruded out further. I plan to remove the handholds, so the new JFC Bracketz will not be a problem.
By the bracket being 1" closer to the body, a bag mounted far to the rear won't clear the turn signals, either. But this won't matter to most folks, I bet. (I only noticed because I'm considering replacing the bags I currently have mounted on my original JFC brackets with a set of much larger dimensions.)

Nice thing you're doing for the membership, Bob. Two thumbs up!

Keco, BobWitte, jgrandmont and 2 others like this.

2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
------------------------------------------------
Former rides
Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in