I took one for team HONDA~ - Honda CTX700 Forum
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I took one for team HONDA~

Well, if most haven't figured out by now, I'm NOT a fan of Honda do to their VERY poor decisions. With that said, I took a new (2 year old left stock) bike home tonight. They only got me by class/es I am interested in and only by a great deal! When I first inquired, It was reasonable, but nothing for me to talk about. I was not impressed to say the least! After some time in thought, I decided to say forget it, I didn't need it anyway nor was I crazy about Honda's to begin with, the only reason I looked to begin with was the first 6k mark down. I was about to walk out and then they got personal, they came around, they wanted a sale today and went down another $1200. What then could I do? It isn't a CTX, but it is a Honda, for you Honda diehards.

2017 VFR1200X in Honda Berry (puke color)I may or may not change it later, too early to determine.

A quick blunt observation from my 125 mile ride home: It's peppy, throttle finicky, low tech, light weight, medium gas guzzler, cool-running, has firm seating and is smooth rolling.

BTW, they did have a new naked 14' CTX for $3,995, reasonable. About a month ago I checked the dealer where I had got my CTX, they have 2 14's with $8,900 price tags, no joke, crooks and dumbasez everywhere!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0076.jpg (662.7 KB, 20 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 03:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel13 View Post
BTW, they did have a new naked 14' CTX for $3,995, reasonable. About a month ago I checked the dealer where I had got my CTX, they have 2 14's with $8,900 price tags, no joke, crooks and dumbasez everywhere!
What dealer is this I have a friend that my seriously be interested in that N and we are not far from GA.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 05:15 AM

You are right, for 7200 less, I would have considered it too. But God dam this Honda bluntness. With the exception of 2 maybe bikes, everything is so blunt and BORING. A stark contrast to the auto division. Then again, Toyota puts me to sleep, but I guess thatís what people want.
Rebel13 likes this.

-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
-2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:19 AM

Make people feel like they are getting a deal..and they will buy. Is what they told salesman. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay. So mark it up, and discount it.
Dealers hope to sell at list and some do buy full list, some wait for factory rebates (makes dealers look like they are offering a discount), and some wait til the dealer lowers his cut.......

Back in the day, People would say "whats wrong with a Honda" to which every Honda owner would say "Nothing"....And bikers who tested out a Honda would say "They are just Boring". IT has been Honda from the start "Boring Motorcycles, that last".

I do agree with Rebel, Honda with their poor decisions puts off me buying a Honda, unless I could get a big Discount, and then I still would have to think about it.
Now if I can get a new Honda (2019 GW DCT $25000) for the trade-in price of a one year old (2018 GW DCT $18500), I will take it!
350Four likes this.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCTX700N View Post
What dealer is this I have a friend that my seriously be interested in that N and we are not far from GA.
https://www.capitolcycle.com/New-Inv...eorgia-6912879

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Garage
Thumbs up Way To Go, Reb

Good for the industry too. Love the color, style, ABS...are the spoke wheels running tubeless tires?
Keep the rubber side down & Enjoy!
(I've really enjoyed my Hondas', Suzuki, Kawasaki, (Yamaha; not so much).

Last edited by 350Four; 08-11-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: add
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:19 PM

Sounds like the dealer in Eustis, FL., waaaaay over priced !! On the other side, RC HILL DeLand Fl. gives great deals.
Pretty standard for central Fl., prices all over the place & most won't budge a penny. "Here's the price. Take it or leave it."
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Four View Post
Good for the industry too. Love the color, style, ABS...are the spoke wheels running tubeless tires?
Keep the rubber side down & Enjoy!
(I've really enjoyed my Hondas', Suzuki, Kawasaki, (Yamaha; not so much).
Most up class adventure/tour bikes run a hybrid wheel. The hubs and rims are a rigid cast with a spoke connection, they are not true spoke wheels when it comes to function. So yes, they are maintenance free and tubeless.
Mdaniels4 and 350Four like this.

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Garage
Thanks I appreciate it, oh and sorry congrats on the new ride, nice bike.
Rebel13 likes this.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Honda dealer in mobile Alabama has some manual shift 700ctx with the fairing in stock. Advertised for 4899$ when you call and ask the price after fees etc they want almost 7000$. Called halls motor sports. Talk about bait and switch tactic

2014 candy red 700D dct abs
2015 silver 700N dct abs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in