Oh no! - Honda CTX700 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Found a Japanese dealer that...offers TEST RIDES! I’m in trouble.

If anyone is local, and if this comes up in Google searches, I will do my best to make people aware and avoid at all costs HALLS MOTORSPORTS NEW ORLEANS. No, test rides is not the (only reason). But when THEY DO NOT TURN THE BIKE ON FOR YOU, telling you your trade is about to “blow up” because they do not want trades, when they quote you one price OTD, one min later they tell you 1000 dollars more, when the GM does not even say hi and just grabs your keys and bolts out... and I can go on and on... **** them.

So, what do I know... 37 miles away, a full, all makes, Japanese dealer offers test rides. Probably will have one tomorrow. Again, I’m in trouble. LOL.
Mdaniels4 likes this.

-2007 BMW K1200S
-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx

Last edited by Evangelos k; 05-09-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:40 PM

What bikes are you considering Evan?

2014 CTX700e, 6 speed, white with all the usual farkles:

Corbin low
Cee Bailey 23 w/vent
Shad SH36's
Shad SH50 trunk
Oxford heated grips
Blue Sea Systems Dual USB charging ports
Kuryakyn 4357 foot board and 8815 splines
Fiaam freeway blaster
Back off XP brake light modulator
Denali DM Micro LED driving lights
Ortlieb HiViz 49l rack pack
Tutoro Auto oiler
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keco View Post
What bikes are you considering Evan?
Actually 1 for now. KAWASAKI ZX-6R
Unfortunately not available in KRT edition colors. Just black... oh well.

But plenty on the list. Z900RS, Yamaha Tracer, I’m sorry to say, but the plain vanilla Honda does not work for me. It seems the price is there, with less features, Boring design, not updated models. It works for them I guess, so I don’t blame them.

-2007 BMW K1200S
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:04 PM

Garage
Loved my test ride.... Helped me decide between two bikes......
Being a little long in the tooth, the Z900RS Cafe cranks my tractor. Im interested in what you think of that bike
Evangelos k likes this.

Brad Bachelor
"Marrying an old bachelor is like buying second-hand furniture." - Helen Rowland

Current: 2018 CBR300

Former Rides: 1971 Honda CT90, 1973 Honda CB175, 1978 Yamaha XS650, 1981 Honda CM200T, 1983 Yamaha XJ650 Turbo,1983 Honda VF750S, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ550, 1989 CBR600F1, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 2006 Suzuki GZ250, 2014 Honda CTX700N
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:28 PM

Love the Honda dct tech. But imo their lineup is not very exciting. I'm a Honda fan, but there's alot more interesting stuff out there.

2015 ctx700 faired dct
my other toys:
UNFORTUNATELY UNABLE TO BE IDENTIFIED
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

It isn't that Honda doesn't have impressive or exiting models, the problem is they don't make it over here. As I've previously noted, the US market is more or less just an after thought.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Why go with the ZX6, instead of the 10? I'm guessing cost? 10 would be the better route to take if you are going to put the dough on a new bike, especially with your inventory. If you are going to get a sport bike, get THE bike.

Agreed, Honda's blow~

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Cost above all. About 5K. But even that out of the equation... Looking for a track bike, that will also be ridden on the streets. The fun in the SuperSports 600cc is tremendous. The lower weight makes all the difference. And power is more than adequate. 130HP and 16K redline. I have been having a ton of fun on my 106HP street Triple with the higher handlebars and not the best of seating positions for the track. Despite that, I have been wearing the whole tire out. I can imagine the fun properly hanging off a proper track bike.

A 400 cc is in consideration too, since that will open access to weekly, and sometimes twice a week, track days at the smaller go cart at the race track.

The K1200S will have to go. 4 bikes and storage and maintenance is pushing it.

-2007 BMW K1200S
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelos k View Post
Found a Japanese dealer that...offers TEST RIDES! Im in trouble.

If anyone is local, and if this comes up in Google searches, I will do my best to make people aware and avoid at all costs HALLS MOTORSPORTS NEW ORLEANS. No, test rides is not the (only reason). But when THEY DO NOT TURN THE BIKE ON FOR YOU, telling you your trade is about to blow up because they do not want trades, when they quote you one price OTD, one min later they tell you 1000 dollars more, when the GM does not even say hi and just grabs your keys and bolts out... and I can go on and on... **** them.

So, what do I know... 37 miles away, a full, all makes, Japanese dealer offers test rides. Probably will have one tomorrow. Again, Im in trouble. LOL.
Where you testing at? I'm about 90 miles north of you around McComb, Ms. We had some terrible weather around 11:30 this morning. Finally got power back on, but McComb has a bunch of lines down and trees down. My dogs got up in my lap and one of them was shaking. Almost made me shake. Looked outside and could only see about 10 feet due to rain and wind. But all good now.
David
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1954 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelos k View Post
Found a Japanese dealer that...offers TEST RIDES! I’m in trouble.

If anyone is local, and if this comes up in Google searches, I will do my best to make people aware and avoid at all costs HALLS MOTORSPORTS NEW ORLEANS. No, test rides is not the (only reason). But when THEY DO NOT TURN THE BIKE ON FOR YOU, telling you your trade is about to “blow up” because they do not want trades, when they quote you one price OTD, one min later they tell you 1000 dollars more, when the GM does not even say hi and just grabs your keys and bolts out... and I can go on and on... **** them.

So, what do I know... 37 miles away, a full, all makes, Japanese dealer offers test rides. Probably will have one tomorrow. Again, I’m in trouble. LOL.
Where you testing at? I'm about 90 miles north of you around McComb, Ms. We had some terrible weather around 11:30 this morning. Finally got power back on, but McComb has a bunch of lines down and trees down. My dogs got up in my lap and one of them was shaking. Almost made me shake. Looked outside and could only see about 10 feet due to rain and wind. But all good now.
David
Friendly powersports in Slidell.
We are practically neighbors. I go often to past Folsom/Wilmer to visit my brother.
Nothing major happened here. Just a heavy gust of rain around 5pm.

-2007 BMW K1200S
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in