Used CTX700n DCT private sale - Honda CTX700 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Used CTX700n DCT private sale

I can get a 2015 CTX700n DCT. 1500 miles. Transferable warranty until 2021. No modifications. $3350. The price seems good, right? Should I be worried about too few miles (seems the bike sat a lot)?

Last edited by Morefilling; 09-17-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:27 AM

Not a bad price. Plan to replace the brake fluid, oil and filters, and battery if it has just been sitting for a while. If it has been intermittently ridden, then you may only need to replace the battery.
BobWitte and Morefilling like this.

2016 CTX700 DCT ABS (His)
2016 CTX700N DCT ABS (Hers)
If you thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around. - Will Rogers

Rear Electrical Harness Adapter
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:34 AM

Go fer it!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefilling View Post
I can get a 2015 CTX700n DCT. 1500 miles. Transferable warranty until 2021. No modifications. $3350. The price seems good, right? Should I be worried about too few miles (seems the bike sat a lot)?
No, I donít think too few miles is an issue. Inspect the bike and look for things like corrosion in the tank from ethanol gas sitting in it collecting moisture and pitted fork tubes from sitting in a damp garage. If you are new to bikes you can have a bike shop inspect it before purchase. The warranty is a real plus in case you have issues with the DCT transmission. The hard part is finding an honest dealer with a competent mechanic who understands it. For the money with the warranty it sounds like a great deal!!
BobWitte and Morefilling like this.

2014 CTX700ND
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:39 AM

buy it !!
CTX2fer likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:50 AM

Most people don't ride their bikes a lot. Not uncommon to find them with low miles. Do it!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 01:18 PM

The last two bikes I’ve purchased were 2014 and 2015 dct models that both previous owners were in there 70s. Both had around 2100-2300 miles on them. They needed nothing but a good cleaning but i changed the fluids and filters for peace of mind. Both owners kept a battery tender jr on them during the winter and used a fuel additive as well. Go for it and hit the open highways. These bikes are a blast
Morefilling likes this.

2014 candy red 700D dct abs
2015 silver 700N dct abs
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:10 PM

Is that low miles from sitting in a climate controlled garage (or even not controlled) or low miles from sitting next to the house under a Home Depot blue tarp? I'd pass on the second, especially in my climate.

Steve

2014 CTX700D
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

I went ahead & bought the motorcycle. The bike looked garage kept & it was in the garage when I saw it. The battery was good. The gas tank & forks were good. The oil was changed within the last 1000 miles, but that was 3 years ago. The brake fluid & radiator coolant are original. Definitely going to change the oil & filters. Probably going to change the brake fluid & coolant. I searched this forum & there seemed to be some differing views on when to change the brake fluid & especially the coolant. Also leaning toward getting this all done at the dealer. That would save me some time & also give me a chance to check out their service. Anyway, thank you for the replies.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:54 PM

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefilling View Post
I went ahead & bought the motorcycle. The bike looked garage kept & it was in the garage when I saw it. The battery was good. The gas tank & forks were good. The oil was changed within the last 1000 miles, but that was 3 years ago. The brake fluid & radiator coolant are original. Definitely going to change the oil & filters. Probably going to change the brake fluid & coolant. I searched this forum & there seemed to be some differing views on when to change the brake fluid & especially the coolant. Also leaning toward getting this all done at the dealer. That would save me some time & also give me a chance to check out their service. Anyway, thank you for the replies.
Based upon the age of the bike, it won't hurt a thing to do a complete transfusion of all liquids. Good luck with that!!

BTW, I'm heading up to Maggie Valley for an extended weeklong stay the end of October -- hoping to see some glorous colors while there. I'm asking you NC'ers to see what you can do to make that happen for us!!

Sadly, I can't find a hitch for my new 2020 KIA Soul so there's no chance I can bring my trike this time.
Morefilling likes this.

Last edited by BobWitte; 09-20-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in