View Poll Results: Do you want one?
Yes 16 84.21%
No 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Gauging interest: Rear Light electrical harness

Gauging interest in who would be interested in a rear light harness. This is a harness you can use to connect to the existing factory connectors that you can hack up all you wish without affecting the factory wiring. I estimate my cost for parts, time, and shipping to the lower 48 to come out to $40 per harness. I just made one for my self to use and would be willing to make more. I used 18ga wire for the harness.

ETA: I am looking for at least 5 harnesses to be committed before I place another order for the connectors.

ETA-2: order placed for supplies on 2019-06-06. Will update when I have them in hand.

ETA-3: First orders are being received now (2019-06-20). Still have a few available to those that are interested.

Rear light harness by Mike, on Flickr
BobWitte and Daddy Dave like this.

2016 CTX700 DCT ABS (His)
2016 CTX700N DCT ABS (Hers)
If you thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around. - Will Rogers

Rear Electrical Harness Adapter

Last edited by explorecaves; 06-20-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:18 AM

Where is this designed to be connected?
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawvulcan View Post
Where is this designed to be connected?
Under the left rear fender. Ties directly into the rear tail/turn signal harness connections.

dbmachine likes this.

If you thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around. - Will Rogers

Last edited by explorecaves; 06-04-2019 at 09:45 AM.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:10 AM

Garage
For an-electrical wiring newbie, questions:

How does it connect without changing oem wiring? Doesn't it need to be a "Y" adapter, or...?

What could I use it for? Adding more rear lighting, for instance?

I definitely want more lights back there. I ride at night/dusk daily, and the one tail light isn't enough for me. Need to start seriously looking at options that don't involve saddle bags and tailbags--yet.

Thanks.

Kent
bob witte and explorecaves like this.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

This is a harness you can plug into the existing factory connectors. This harness is what you would be splicing to make it into a "Y" adaptor. This harness would allow you to add any running, brake, and/or turn signals without modifying the existing factory harness. Just disconnect the two halves of the plug by the tie-down hook and plug in this harness. If you need help with the connections and what to connect on the harness with your additional lights, I can sketch up something to assist.

post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:18 PM

I'm missing something here. What does it do besides make you OEM harness longer. I don't understand. How can you "plug it inline" & attach lights to it too, there's not a extra plug, to plug into.? Help me out here.
SpartaPanther likes this.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
I'm missing something here. What does it do besides make you OEM harness longer. I don't understand. How can you "plug it inline" & attach lights to it too, there's not a extra plug, to plug into.? Help me out here.
The point is that you tap/splice into this, instead of the factory harness. Any mods made are then instantly reversible by simply removing it and reconnecting the factory connectors.

Tony

2014 CTX 700N DCT

Kuryakyn Floorboards - Centerstand - Gonzo Shock Mod -Freeway Blaster Horns - Elcheapo Handguards - Madstad kickstand shoe - Madstad 22" Windshield - BrakeAway Cruise Control - Brake light flasher - Throttle Tamer - Oxford Heaterz - Riderscan Mirror - JFC Brackets - Michelin Road 5
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLeventry View Post
The point is that you tap/splice into this, instead of the factory harness. Any mods made are then instantly reversible by simply removing it and reconnecting the factory connectors.
@TLeventry is correct. You will still have some wiring to do on your end for this harness, but it is completely reversible back to stock. This also means you have more working room to do all the assembly of the wiring as you are not confined to the 3 inch x 6 inch area....

post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

We have 5 that are interested.

@BobWitte has already committed to one
@Davekelewae @greasemonkey93 @jfs17 and @rossmcgrath are interested. Are you willing to commit (gentleman's agreement) to purchase? If so, I will get parts on order to start building the harnesses. Once I have them built, I can let you know about payment methods so we can expedite processing.

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:44 AM

OMG!!

where were you last year when I added my wigwag!! I would have been all over this!

ok ok.. you are now giving me ideas of something additional I want to do. Count me in on the order.
explorecaves likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in