3Likes
  • 1 Post By CTX2fer
  • 1 Post By 350Four
  • 1 Post By John Wayne

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Want to Buy CTX700 Cases & Centerstand

Hi,

I'm a new member and 2014 CTX700 rider. My bike came with the case mounts and a Givi trunk but no side cases. The bike's color is Red, but I can replace the side covers if needed. I'm also interested in reviews on the Givi cases.

I'm on the T-Rex mailing list for when their centerstands become available, but if anyone has one in the meantime, the sooner the better. I tour around the state and lubing the chain away from home will be so much easier!

Thanks to all who share information on this forum. Makes life so much easier to learn before doing. BTW, long time Beemer rider, and after a short adjustment period I love this CTX.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Want to Buy CTX700 Cases

I know someone out there has a set of Honda panniers for the CTX700A that are too small or not being used. I’d be happy to buy them!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 12:52 AM

Garage
The Factory side cases are made for several of their models, I know the nc 750 used the same ones that were sold for the CTX 700.
I believe this would be easy to find on Ebay or any site that sell motorcycle accessories.
YoungOne likes this.

Ride it if you can, mod it if you can't!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 11:00 AM

Garage
Question

Just a comment; bought my oem side cases couple years ago, thru bikebandit.com, discounted from msrp but not inexpensive. Could be an option. Good luck. (Honda centerstand from Japan is ok, once you improve the stopper part but T-Rex probably worth the wait) Do you have DCT?
YoungOne likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks CTX2fer and 350Four.

I'll look into the NC700 cases. My local dealer didn't offer that option, just that the CTX cases were discontinued. I may go for the Shad36 cases so I could store my helmet in there when I don't take the top case. My(used) bike has some sort of hardware on the side of the seat, I posted pics in another post asking if anyone knew what they were for. If they are for cases I will look into those since I won't have to buy them again.

T-Rex sent a center-stand last week. It took 2 days, 6 attempts, expanded vocabulary and a new tool to get the springs on, but it works well. It had a plastic stop on the stand, and a rubber pad on the top bracket. It hung so low I removed the plastic stop from the stand. It tucks up out of the way on the rubber stop.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
Thanks CTX2fer and 350Four.

I'll look into the NC700 cases. My local dealer didn't offer that option, just that the CTX cases were discontinued. .
Regarding OEM Bags... I just bought a New 2018 CTX700 DCT and added the OEM Bags. They first said they were backordered but then called Honda and found there was a number change that was the problem, and they were in stock. The red insert on the bags do look good on the CTX with the red fairing..
CTX2fer likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in