New List for 2020 Honda MCs - Honda CTX700 Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New List for 2020 Honda MCs

Not sure how accurate it is, but no CTX listed. https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/moto...0/Honda-models. ABS is being added to more models. DCT remains on the Goldwing, NC750 and the African Twin. Most of the changes and new introductions are models below 450cc. Seems seats of 30" plus are in this year.
Ruby likes this.

CTX 700ND
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 06:20 AM

ABS is mandatory in EU, soon also track control.
Ruby likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 07:56 PM

Garage
If Honda were smart they'd put DCT on every not-sport model - if only to get more milage out of the patent before it expires. Seriously: a DCT Rebel 300 would be the ultimate newb cruiser, and expanding the user base for DCT would pay off in the long run.
Ruby and gafr87 like this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 09:30 PM

Doesn’t look too promising to me.
Ruby likes this.

2014 candy red 700D dct abs
2015 silver 700N dct abs
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VShep View Post
If Honda were smart they'd put DCT on every not-sport model - if only to get more milage out of the patent before it expires. Seriously: a DCT Rebel 300 would be the ultimate newb cruiser, and expanding the user base for DCT would pay off in the long run.
For starters Honda should add DCT to the Grom, Cub, Rebels, Shadow 750's and build a cruiser with the African Twin 1000 engine with DCT. But Honda is a different motorcycle company then it once was, there afraid to take chances.
Ruby and Arrgh like this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Not sure how accurate it is, but no CTX listed. https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/moto...0/Honda-models. ABS is being added to more models. DCT remains on the Goldwing, NC750 and the African Twin. Most of the changes and new introductions are models below 450cc. Seems seats of 30" plus are in this year.
Well, when you factor in the license restrictions in Europe and the need for small displacement scoots in Asia, it kinda makes sense.

As someone with a 30" inseam, this really stinks. I'm pretty much relegated to cruisers. Not saying I want a sports bike, but having options would be nice. The CTX is always a viable option; but they're hard to come by, as is the NM4. The NC750X and Africa Twin are both in the 32" - 34" range. Goldwing seat heights is 29.7", and starts at $25k for the DCT option. Heck, for all the talk of how small it is, the Grom has a 30" seat height for crying out loud.

I get it that they have to build to what the market will buy and needs (nobody wants a really low ADV bike), but I'm not dropping that kind of money on any bike I can't flat foot. People can say what they like about HD (most of it is warranted, I admit), but even their touring models have low ~26" seat heights. Maybe that's the real special sauce of why they've been so popular for so long.

I just wish someone at Honda would realize that the true way to get more people into riding is to offer DCT across a majority of their bikes. Heck, make it an option that has to be ordered from the factory - just at least give us the option. I swear if they put it in the Rebel 300/500 and introduce a 1000cc variant, it'd be a license to print money. Imagine how many MSF courses alone would buy them as their training bikes. It boggles my mind why they haven't done this.

Just offer it as an option, Honda.
Ruby, Arrgh and gafr87 like this.

2019 Iron 883
May the wind be ever at your back and your tank always full
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
For starters Honda should add DCT to the Grom, Cub, Rebels, Shadow 750's and build a cruiser with the African Twin 1000 engine with DCT. But Honda is a different motorcycle company then it once was, there afraid to take chances.
IIRC, the Cub does offer some sort of (non-DCT) automatic transmission, no?
Ruby likes this.

2019 Iron 883
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSteed View Post
IIRC, the Cub does offer some sort of (non-DCT) automatic transmission, no?
The Cub has an auto-clutch (no manual clutch lever) and a 4 speed manual transmission with a foot shift lever.
Ruby and SteelSteed like this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
The Cub has an auto-clutch (no manual clutch lever) and a 4 speed manual transmission with a foot shift lever.
Ahh.
Ruby likes this.

2019 Iron 883
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 05:24 PM

I don't have a discontinued bike. I have a "Heritage Edition" Collectors bike.

Always said this would probably be my last bike. John (jfc) said that Honda would have to make components available for at least 10 years. But in 10 years I'll only be 84. My buddy, Tom, is 84 and just bought a new Harley. Well, for the time being, I'll just ride the crap out of what I have, and leave the worrying to others.
BobWitte, mtvic, Ruby and 1 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in