• 2 Post By hondabum
  • 1 Post By Mdaniels4
  • 3 Post By Daddy Dave

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Y'all might find this of interest

I do.
https://www.morebikes.co.uk/60180/ho...ts-on-its-way/

Now if they only bring it in here. Great touring niche filler until a new tourer is available. Dct AND shaft drive.
CTX2fer and Daddy Dave like this.

2015 ctx700 faired dct
my other toys:
UNFORTUNATELY UNABLE TO BE IDENTIFIED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Garage
That is going to be an expensive machine approx $16600 US

CTX 700ND
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
That is going to be an expensive machine approx $16600 US
"Expensive" is always relational.

I've been looking at a new R1250RT the "Base" model was $18,645. Expensive? Not yet.
Add $5150 for the Select package. Now it's up to $23795.
Wait...
Billet Pack $1900
Sport Wheels $995
Top case $1458 (and you thought Shad was expensive!)
Liner for Top case $111
Top case light $287
Side Case Liners $350
LED Driving Lights $881 (all of a sudden the Denali's look reasonable)
Comfort Windshield $366
Heated Seat $682
iPhone Cable $90
Navigation system $949

So, Ö Now I'm up to "only" $30,825 and thinking... my buddy Tom spent over $35,000 on his new Harley. And, he didn't get the top model.

So, what's really expensive?

Expensive is getting something that's more money than you should be spending. No matter what it is, or what it costs. Inexpensive is buying something, and paying for it in cash out of "disposable income", no matter what it is, or what it costs.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Just like the Africa Twin coming out a couple years ago, it has no relevance here. You all ogled and awed about it for a dozen threads just like you are now with this one, but really who bought one here, MAYBE one or two of you? Most of you already found your bike, the CTX700, that is why you are here. It is in a very different class and budget to the others. None, either the Twin nor the NT will ever be in. You are comparing Toyota Corolla's to Toyota Avalon's with the NT and the Toyota Land Cruiser with the Twin.

@Daddy Dave it is all "Relative".
Professor*76 and Daddy Dave like this.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:53 AM

This is the bike I've been longing for. The original was called the "Dull" Ville for a reason. Very uninspiring motor. This one should be both fun and functional.

Pay no attention to the picture. It's a very bad photo shop of a bunch of bikes hacked together. Everything is speculation, including price.

Even if it is 16K MSRP you can find bikes like this for much cheaper. How much did Rebel pay for his VFR1200X? Wasn't it like 8K?

Just don't buy it first year. Wait a bit and pick it up for cheap. Americans only buy cosplay bikes. These should be collecting dust in dealerships ready for one of us to buy at a deep discount.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post

Just don't buy it first year. Wait a bit and pick it up for cheap. Americans only buy cosplay bikes. These should be collecting dust in dealerships ready for one of us to buy at a deep discount.
So then, when we buy them at a "deep discount" after collecting dust we will all sit around complaining when they go out of production.
Why? Because they weren't selling.
Oh, wait-we've already done that
Mdaniels4 and SpartaPanther like this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

There's nothing wrong with this bike, has the dct and a shaft drive. No other has that combo. If it comes I'll most likely buy one. The original NT fit me really well, but it didn't have the dct.
Daddy Dave likes this.

2015 ctx700 faired dct
my other toys:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel13 View Post
Just like the Africa Twin coming out a couple years ago, it has no relevance here. You all ogled and awed about it for a dozen threads just like you are now with this one, but really who bought one here, MAYBE one or two of you? Most of you already found your bike, the CTX700, that is why you are here. It is in a very different class and budget to the others. None, either the Twin nor the NT will ever be in. You are comparing Toyota Corolla's to Toyota Avalon's with the NT and the Toyota Land Cruiser with the Twin.

Yeah. Like the ctx was never in either. I love the ctx, but this has alot of features I'd like that the C doesn't.

2015 ctx700 faired dct
my other toys:
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post

Pay no attention to the picture. It's a very bad photo shop of a bunch of bikes hacked together. Everything is speculation, including price.
Well, good, and I hope so, because this thing looks like it came from out the 90ís. Iím sorry, but Honda borderline has 1-2 decent looking bikes, let alone Being frugal on the features.

-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
-2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel13 View Post

You're right... late night brain farts. I need to shut this box off earlier, and get some decent sleep.
And the Toyota reference is what I always used for the CTX Sometimes a Corolla, sometimes a Camry. Either way, it's just a grocery getter.
BobWitte, Mdaniels4 and CTX2fer like this.

Last edited by Daddy Dave; 09-12-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in