25 Oil Changes - 8 Sets of Tires - 100,000 miles - Page 4 - Honda CTX700 Forum
 85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Roadrunner View Post
Question for the ones using beads. Yall haven't had any problems with tires staying balanced? The reason I'm asking I put some in the front tire just before we rode out to Florida a few years back and sometimes it was smooth as glass and sometimes it beat me to death. Tire was Dunlop American Elite it was bouncing so bad it cupped the tire slightly had the beads removed before coming home and spin balanced. Have any of yall experienced this. It was bad enough at times my wife was asking what was wrong. We were on our Harley Ultra. 🤔 I did alot of research before putting them in and I didn't find any negative.

Bryan
No problem with our tires! Beads have been working out well.
Sounds like that tire you had might have been really out of round. You might have been ok if you added more beads to that one. I have seen some tires installed by shops that have so many weights on them it's scary. It would make me wonder if the rim was out of round, seeing so many weights.

"The Road Goes On Forever" REK

IBA #23562
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:29 AM

I may give them another try. The deal is sometimes it was smooth as glass and others it would bounce like a basketball that was the strange thing. Thanks for the report back.

Bryan
Thumper likes this.
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
No problem with our tires! Beads have been working out well.
Sounds like that tire you had might have been really out of round. You might have been ok if you added more beads to that one. I have seen some tires installed by shops that have so many weights on them it's scary. It would make me wonder if the rim was out of round, seeing so many weights.
I've used Dyna Beads in all my vehicles since about 2000. I was having trouble getting my 205mm X 5 bolt pattern rims on my VW balanced. I also put beads in most of the trikes that we built for local customers when at Trinity. Quite satisfied all around.
Thumper likes this.

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Roadrunner View Post
I may give them another try. The deal is sometimes it was smooth as glass and others it would bounce like a basketball that was the strange thing. Thanks for the report back.

Bryan
Bryan,
You sure it wasn't a suspension problem or how the bike was weighted since you were on a road trip? Just thinking out loud here.

IBA #23562
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Dave View Post
Mags,

Congrats to you, Thumper, and your bike. Looking forward to seeing the FL crew in January. I'll be staying in Orlando, and am going to schedule a trip over to Tarpon Springs to see Bob, Mike, and Dan. Hope that you and Thumper can join us this year.

Take your bike to the FLMM get together, at the Ace Café. Most of the other folks there haven't gotten 100lk in all the bikes they've owned.

All the best,

Dave
Dave, make sure and let me know when you will be here!
Daddy Dave likes this.

IBA #23562
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:18 AM

I really don't know forsure. When I got to Fort Lauderdale I took it into the Harley dealer had the beads removed and the tire spun balanced never had another problem with it, that why I was asking if anyone had had problems with the beads. Like I said I did a lot of research and found no complaints. But I'll tell you this if anyone is going to have a problem it seems to find me I just have to laugh about it and go on. Thanks so much for your input if you think of anything else holler.🤗

Bryan
Thumper likes this.
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Dave, make sure and let me know when you will be here!
January 25th to the 29th.
Thumper likes this.
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:07 PM
Ljt

That is wonderful.
Thumper likes this.
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:18 PM

Congratulations, glad to hear how reliable the CTX has been. Good luck on your next 100k.
Thumper likes this.
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:59 PM

Congratulations! That's a great milestone and nice of you to include the maintenance intervals and type service. I have a leftover 2014 bought new last year and only have about 1600 miles on it. I also have an HD Electra Glide and recently we bought a new '18 Gold Wing DCT Tour. We live in the NE GA Mountains, so I love riding the CTX, (exactly like yours, except with manual trans) around the twisty roads, almost always two up. While I love the new Wing and HD, I'm planning to keep the CTX for a long time. Keep on enjoying the ride! Elliot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1268.jpg (216.2 KB, 7 views)
Thumper and Ruby like this.

Elliot

2014 Honda CTX700
2005 Harley Electra Glide Classic
2018 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in