Here's One for the Books - Page 4 - Honda CTX700 Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:27 PM

Contact the gas station where you bought the gas. Hope you have a receipt or paid with a credit card. Had this happen to my car and the station had to pay for my repairs. New fuel pump and gas gauge plus flushing and refilling the tank with good gas. If the local station does not help either contact the chain or the fuel supplier. Be persistent.
350Four likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Garage
Post Heads Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
If it was E85 (not being used in Phoenix but who knows) then I have read about dissolving parts and warnings for other bikes. Apparently ok for new cars, but does the same for the older ones.
Disclaimer; "While I may know a little about many things...I do not claim to know a lot about anything". (borrowed)
E-85 (85% ethanol fuel for vehicles labeled "Flex Fuel"), may well do extensive & rapid damage to a motorcycle.
Most of us have been using E-10 for years, in part, because E-0 is not available to us. The Ethanol Industry is large & powerful (think $; "Growth Energy Co.") and I certainly don't begrudge the farming industry (large or small), from turning a profit (that is a good thing).
However, E-15 & higher (ethanol content) is neither certified by E.P.A. nor approved by manufacturers for use in our motorcycles & even many late model autos.
I support the American Motorcyclist Association's "watchdog" efforts to protect us from any potential threats to our desired means of transportation/recreation, including unnecessary damage to our equipment.
The AMA recently revealed the lifting of an EPA ban on E-15 in summer months, (approved by D.C.), and there is a new promotion of E-15 as "Unleaded 88". This may deceive many into buying fuel based upon octane & price, rather than the higher ethanol content.
* if you can, check out May/19 AMA magazine's Guest Column (last page) by Luann Ford. (not an ethanol story)

* just noted 12 stations selling E-85 in greater Phoenix area, found on afdc.energy.gov/stations, check their locations.

Last edited by 350Four; 07-06-2019 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in