Motorcycle Kickstand Pad - Page 6 - Honda CTX700 Forum
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 06:34 PM

You have to do something because the kick stand on this bike is terrible. It can tip over on level ground. It is unsteady on the best days. Mine just fell due to a flat rear tire. On flat pavement I t fell over probably a design flaw. Now I have at flat tire and damaged bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Clay Leihy
I've owned a few Honda's over the decades, and this one has the least lean on the sidestand of them all. Most lean WAY over, prolly the PC the most.
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Leihy View Post
I've owned a few Honda's over the decades, and this one has the least lean on the sidestand of them all. Most lean WAY over, prolly the PC the most.
What in the world are you talking about, the opposite is true here. This is stock, notice the foot level with the ground, that is how it is suppose to be and it has an excessive lean than most other bikes at 20 degrees stock!

There are several reasons why yours may not look like this and it can be from one or more, I will name them for you.
1: lowering your bike any.
2: you are carrying more weight than you should, bags, guards, shield, top box, full luggage etc.
3: your shock preload is set way to low.
4: your shock spring has sagged from time and use.

2,3,4 can be corrected simply with adjusting your coil-over sag. Doing so will raise the bike and seat height. 1 to be corrected with raising the bike back to stock height. Or if you want to ignore them all, you need to shorten-hack up the stand to compensate the shorter height.

post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:41 PM

Garage
Maybe there's some variation by years? Mines a brand new stock 2014 ctx700. I'm not alone, check the Tip Over thread.
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM

I didn't know anything about the leaning of this bike. So when I picked mine up both the salesman and myself went over the check off sheet. I'm pretty sure one of the questions I asked him was, "Is that suppose to look like that?" Meaning the lean angle. Inside the showroom with all the other bikes packed together you couldn't tell.
post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Leihy View Post
Maybe there's some variation by years? Mines a brand new stock 2014 ctx700. I'm not alone, check the Tip Over thread.
Nope, bump up the preload and the problem is solved! Your bike is six years old, coils do settle. Besides, from factory these bikes are notoriously preset over sag(too much). Chances are you are bottoming out as well if you ride it a lot and on various terrains. Sag, bottoming out, preload and suspension tweaking is all over this forum, check it out.

post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 08:51 AM

My 2015 with the rear spring tightened leans about the same as Rebel's. The Ebay foot adapter jacks it up a little but not a problem.
post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Iím not sure if I was clear, but my bike tipped over on the opposite side of the kickstand because my bike with the kickstand pad caused the bike to lean closer to a 90 degree angle. Iím not sure if the Madstad pad will give it the proper lean angle or what. (the kickstand is stock with no modifications ).
post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyD View Post
Iím not sure if I was clear, but my bike tipped over on the opposite side of the kickstand because my bike with the kickstand pad caused the bike to lean closer to a 90 degree angle. Iím not sure if the Madstad pad will give it the proper lean angle or what. (the kickstand is stock with no modifications ).
you have suspension issues if your bike is closer to 90 degree angle! The madstad pad will push it ever so slightly more vertical.
Rebel13 and Mdaniels4 like this.

2016 CTX700 DCT ABS (His)
2016 CTX700N DCT ABS (Hers)
If you thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around. - Will Rogers

Rear Electrical Harness Adapter
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 12:21 AM

Garage
Pulled out the hammer and lo-o-ong Craftsman screwdriver and maxed out the preload. Now she learns way over like a Honda should. As a bonus, no more center stand bottoming on speed bumps. For a sidestand pad I just use a cheap electrical box cover.
Rebel13 and Mdaniels4 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in