4Likes
  • 1 Post By kurthin
  • 1 Post By Tonydtiger1971
  • 1 Post By vb18
  • 1 Post By BobWitte

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

New Corbin Low Just Arrived

The new Corbin Low I ordered just arrived and snapped right into place. Will test this weekend and then will have a stock seat for sale off my 2018 CTX700ND
CTX2fer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 02:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurthin View Post
The new Corbin Low I ordered just arrived and snapped right into place. Will test this weekend and then will have a stock seat for sale off my 2018 CTX700ND
Let us know what you think of it when you've ridden a few miles on it. The general consensus is at least 100 miles to break it in.
Super Sneaky Steve likes this.

Faired CTX700 with just a few addons.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 06:14 AM

Garage
Exclamation Actually....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonydtiger1971 View Post
Let us know what you think of it when you've ridden a few miles on it. The general consensus is at least 100 miles to break it in.
Not to be contrary out of hand, but I don't want an apparent newbie to be disappointed by unreasonable expectations. Here's what the FAQ section of the Corbin site actually says about a break in:

In addition, Corbin's foam has a memory feature. After a break-in period of approximately 1500-2000 miles, the saddle will actually take on the shape of the rider which provides even better weight dispersion and custom fitted comfort.

Been there, done that and yes, it really takes that long, (but it is worth it, of course!).

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:07 AM

I had a Corbin seat on a bike for 17k miles and it never broke in. It was never comfortable. Maybe it's because I only weigh 130 lbs?
Foolishly bought one for another bike, and after 3000 painful miles, replaced it with a Seat Concepts which was comfortable from day one.
Kickapoojim likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 09:27 AM

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb18 View Post
I had a Corbin seat on a bike for 17k miles and it never broke in. It was never comfortable. Maybe it's because I only weigh 130 lbs?
Foolishly bought one for another bike, and after 3000 painful miles, replaced it with a Seat Concepts which was comfortable from day one.
Perhaps you are right. I weigh in as much as two of you! Maybe you should have hired my petite huge butt to break it in for you!
Professor*76 likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 09:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWitte View Post
Not to be contrary out of hand, but I don't want an apparent newbie to be disappointed by unreasonable expectations. Here's what the FAQ section of the Corbin site actually says about a break in:

In addition, Corbin's foam has a memory feature. After a break-in period of approximately 1500-2000 miles, the saddle will actually take on the shape of the rider which provides even better weight dispersion and custom fitted comfort.

Been there, done that and yes, it really takes that long, (but it is worth it, of course!).
Well I wasn't looking at their website. So far I've gotten two bikes with Corbin seats already installed and don't have too many complaints.

Faired CTX700 with just a few addons.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in