Ls2 Valiant modular - Honda CTX700 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dephased

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Ls2 Valiant modular

G’mornin’ group. Does anyone have any real world experience with one of these lids? Looking for a modular and this looks like a 2fer. Some real opinions would be appreciated in a world full of sales pitches and hype. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephased View Post
G’mornin’ group. Does anyone have any real world experience with one of these lids? Looking for a modular and this looks like a 2fer. Some real opinions would be appreciated in a world full of sales pitches and hype. Thanks.
I wear the LS2 strobe helmet and love it. One of the lightest module helmets and also ECE rated along with the DOT rating. The strobe is a lighter than the Valiant.
David
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Glad to hear it David, thanks.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:41 PM

Yep, I have one. Fabulous design, you can safely ride with the front up and back. On very long rides a handful of people report minor neck strain due to weight. With normal breaks while riding I had no issues but did notice it once when forced to stay on bike almost 3 hours to make our destination on time. This is common with modular as they are slightly heavier, and is also a problem for some with less expensive full face helmets. I know some "regular sized" riders and they have no complaints so may be also due to my small stature, age, and neck muscles.

My biggest reason for not using mine much is a prefer open face 3/4. I bought mine last winter after an eye problem and I needed more protection from wind and cold and it's amazing protection for that. I also use Sena and they fit nicely on the side and great ear pockets built in. Clarity is great, very little to no distortion, and side visibility good even closed up.

Been debating selling it as I don't use it enough since I got a new prescription in my Wiley X wrap around glasses. They have a removable weather protector so I'm back to 3/4.

2014 CTX700 dct
2016 NM4
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Just to follow up. I took the plunge on this helmet and I am very satisfied with my choice. It is comfortable for my head shape, versatile, very secure feeling and looks great. Just thought I would round out the thread since I opened it up. If you are thinking about one of these go try one on and if its right for your head shape, do it!
mtvic and david1954 like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephased View Post
Just to follow up. I took the plunge on this helmet and I am very satisfied with my choice. It is comfortable for my head shape, versatile, very secure feeling and looks great. Just thought I would round out the thread since I opened it up. If you are thinking about one of these go try one on and if its right for your head shape, do it!
I have one also. Put a Bluetooth headset in it. LS2 Ride PAL 2 bt Sena.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...al-by-sena-iii
I like it but it is a little light with the bass. Most of these are. Love the helmet. In town I ride with chin bar in back, highway bar in front.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

+1 on the riding positions Stang. I love the opportunity to change up like that. The helmet looks great either way and I find it comfortable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in