Boxers and wifebeaters - Honda CTX700 Forum
 56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Boxers and wifebeaters

If I had my choice, when riding in the summer, this would be my favorite wardrobe..... with this whole ATTGATT thing going on, it makes me feel ...... underdressed....

Riding today in my jacket and overpants, I sweated my butt off....sooooo.... what do yíall wear thatís the closest to my dream.

Brad Bachelor
"Marrying an old bachelor is like buying second-hand furniture." - Helen Rowland

Current: 2018 CBR300

Former Rides: 1971 Honda CT90, 1973 Honda CB175, 1978 Yamaha XS650, 1981 Honda CM200T, 1983 Yamaha XJ650 Turbo,1983 Honda VF750S, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ550, 1989 CBR600F1, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 2006 Suzuki GZ250, 2014 Honda CTX700N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:09 PM

My favorite is ventilated riding pants (not jeans) and textile jacket. I can only imagine how hot over pants are, 2 layers. Nothing has come close to the Dainese MIG set. It is almost full race protection, with great airflow (although jacket flows a ton of air, it could use some ventilation on the forearms...) Let alone the most comfortable pants I have even worn, with stretching zones in key points.

NOT CHEAP. $360 on close out...

You will be hot in a 90 plus degree day, no matter what. June 8 is track day. See how this will work out in a full suit.
Daddy Dave and The_Bachelor like this.

-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
-2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Last edited by Evangelos k; 04-26-2019 at 09:11 PM.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:45 PM

Since I'm far from an aggressive driver, I dress for weather not riding. Most of the time I am in jeans, good boots/shoes and a long tee shirt. Yea, I know it could be hard going down but I gave up scuba diving after horse shoe BC's and tee shirts became extinct. BC vests made me feel constricted. I also refuse helmets for bicycle riding and snow sking. Now don't get me wrong, it's not incorrect to dress for maximum impact, just not my thing or riding style.
jgrandmont and The_Bachelor like this.

2014 CTX700 dct
2016 NM4

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:45 PM

Long time ago I saw a billboard that said "Dress for the slide, not for the ride."
Shoei Neotec Helmet
Sedici 3 season mesh Jacket (elbow & shoulder armor, and back plate) and Pants (knee and hip armor) In winter I layer a rain suit over it.
Bilt Gloves,
Alpinestar boots

Occasionally I get real daring and wear jeans, so I also use Fox Titan Knee/shin guards., and switch to Wolverine boots.

Keep in mind that our summertime daily highs average 93 here in the Sacramento Valley. We average 22 days over 100 and several over 110. My wife reminds me that when I cash it in and get the Miata, I can wear cargo shorts, a tank top, and flip flops. And have a frosty Arnold Palmer in the cup holder.
CTX2fer, Kitko and The_Bachelor like this.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:12 PM

Garage
I wear diamond gusset jeans with a tour master mesh jacket. Of course boots and good gloves and modular helmet.
https://www.gusset.com/defender/mens
David
Daddy Dave and The_Bachelor like this.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 07:40 AM

shorts and tee shirt under my mesh riding pants and jacket.

for shoes.. ALWAYS flip-flops.. always flip-flops j/k
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:21 AM

Garage
I wear Olympia jacket and overpants year-round: Both have removable liners, and in the summer with the liners out, they vent air to the inside nicely. Works great for commuting and recreational riding.
Daddy Dave likes this.

Steve Jordan
You can't take the ride from me.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys..... right now, Iím just wearing overpants (no jeans), and jacket (no liner). This is fine when I do the post office runs, but the pants get hot when we decide to ride someplace and walk around. Iíve heard that Kevlar jeans are hot too...

Iíve always done like mtvic in the past summers, and was wondering if technology had advanced riderwear enough for summer comfort.

Brad Bachelor
"Marrying an old bachelor is like buying second-hand furniture." - Helen Rowland

Current: 2018 CBR300

Former Rides: 1971 Honda CT90, 1973 Honda CB175, 1978 Yamaha XS650, 1981 Honda CM200T, 1983 Yamaha XJ650 Turbo,1983 Honda VF750S, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ550, 1989 CBR600F1, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 2006 Suzuki GZ250, 2014 Honda CTX700N
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bachelor View Post
Thanks guys..... right now, I’m just wearing overpants (no jeans), and jacket (no liner). This is fine when I do the post office runs, but the pants get hot when we decide to ride someplace and walk around. I’ve heard that Kevlar jeans are hot too...

I’ve always done like mtvic in the past summers, and was wondering if technology had advanced riderwear enough for summer comfort.
They are hot, but would rather wipe sweet than blood. They do make mesh riding pants. I had a pair and to me found them too hot to wear. Ended up giving them away. While I like just regular jeans for coolness I realize during my wreck if I had regular jeans on my knees would have looked like hambuger meat. While I did get strawberries on both knees my jeans did it job. The jeans had tore, but the Kevlar never tore. While nothing you can wear can protect against broken bones the riding gear can save from many days recovering from road rash. But people read every day on these forums about info of importance of riding gear and mount the bike with a tank top and shorts. Until you experience it no one will understand how well it works. I use to wear mine hoping to never try it out and hope others here can do it. But a Deer attack made me try mine out. Glad the have on God's Armour as well as ATGATT. Just food for thought.
David
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Black/Pewter Olympia mesh jacket and over pants for the summer. Both flow a huge amount of air to keep me fairly comfortable even in 100 degree Texas heat. Standing at a stop will always be difficult no matter what you wear but the Olympia gear will actually flow air if there's even the slightest bit of breeze. Protection is first rate with ballistic mesh, 500 denier Cordura, and CE Level 2 armor. Reasonably priced at about $400 - 450 for the set. Olympia is American cut so it tends to fit us better than the European cut ATGATT.

NOTE: Black gear is always hot! Try to avoid all black gear when riding in the summer. I prefer Pewter or the lighter greys. White is the most reflective but it stains or gets dirty easily. It wont hold up very well over several seasons.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in