Got my new bike finally!! - Honda CTX700 Forum
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By stangflyer007

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Got my new bike finally!!

Picked up my 2017 CTX700D yesterday. Today I spent part of the day putting some of the accessories on. Rained most of the day and is supposed to rain tomorrow.

Installed a 24 inch Cee Bailey with vent. Not to sure I trust the well nuts. Might do a hard install tomorrow. Saw a thread or two somewhere on here. Have not replaced the fake speaker panel yet. I am going to take her to 80 mph and see what I think.
Installed the Brakeaway cruise. Should work well where I live. Fargo ND. Flat farmland for a hundred miles in all directions. The only hills are the ditches.
Installed a Radiant muffler. LOVE the sound over the stock muffler. For the heck of it I am going to do the flat black high temp paint mod on the OEM that I have seen on the forum. Might not use the muffler but if I ever did I want to get rid of the chrome. I got the five year extended warranty so I will probably put the stock on if and when I take it to the shop.
Installed the Opt7 headlight. Was not actually that bad. Used JFC's method. Installed plate and then put bulb thru with the boot. Push and twist. Tied up ballast.

Next will be the floorboards. However, I kind of like the pegs so far in the vast 17 miles I have on it so far. One thing I like about the pegs is that you can hang your feet over the pegs. We will see on that one.
Grip puppies go on tomorrow.
The big job will be the side and top cases. I have two Bestem 2012's and a top 929. Same as JFC's rig. I have the JFC brackets on order..
I know I will have troubles with the electrical. Nervous about that part. Trying to find a good thread on the bag install. I do not think I will put lights on side cases. Reflectors yes. Top bag has brake light and LED so I want that to work. I also got the quick detach wiring. I hope I can find a adapter for the wiring. I really do not want to splice if I do not have to.

Still need to get: Maybe an airhawk seat bladder. Not going new seat yet.
Center stand- doing my own chain maintenance since I only drive 2000 miles a year.
Battery tender lead. I have a battery tender but I left the lead on the CTX1300 I got rid of.
Tank protection. The seat kind of forces you to sit close to the tank.

On my CTX1300 deluxe that I got rid of I had the audio setup. Will have to see how I want to go about replacing sound!

Just to let everyone know. I love the bike. I knew I would love the auto and the 215 lb. weight savings from the 1300.

Last edited by stangflyer007; 06-18-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangflyer007 View Post
Grip puppies go on tomorrow.
You probably already know this but spray your grip puppies with Windex or some form of glass cleaner and they slide right on.

Glenn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.