Winshield suggestion - Honda CTX700 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Winshield suggestion

Hello ,

just bought the bike and it came with the Honda tall winshield and even if I'm a 5 foot 2 inches female I find it doesnt protect me much specially on the sides ( but at least I can see above it ) .

Was looking at two possible replacement , the PUIG or the GIVI , both a bit taller and also larger . Van anybody tell me about their experience with those/ recommandations!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:15 PM

You might want to consider a Laminar Lip for the tall windshield. I believe it will expand the envelope of calm air to the sides as well as the top. Looks that way from the photo anyhow.

http://www.laminarlip.com/ctx.php

I'm getting one for my 24" Cee Bailey.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:33 PM

Or the puig clip on. I have that on my 24" cee bailey. Love it.

2015 ctx700 faired dct
my other toys:
UNFORTUNATELY UNABLE TO BE IDENTIFIED

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:34 PM
TIP

Don't know which bike you have but I have the faired model and put a Pig on it. Love the shield. No buffeting, no flexing at speed, and as I have read on here that some have a problem with screen coming loose, the Pig is rock solid even after having it off a couple of times and reinstalled with the original fasteners. Decent price also at about $200 here in Ontario even with a 30% difference on the dollar. I am 5ft 10in and can easily see over it. I have no knowledge of the one for the naked model.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 PM

I mostly look slight over, or through my puig clip on. Get the clear though. Their light tint is too dark.

2015 ctx700 faired dct
my other toys:
UNFORTUNATELY UNABLE TO BE IDENTIFIED
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP View Post
Don't know which bike you have but I have the faired model and put a Pig on it. Love the shield. No buffeting, no flexing at speed, and as I have read on here that some have a problem with screen coming loose, the Pig is rock solid even after having it off a couple of times and reinstalled with the original fasteners. Decent price also at about $200 here in Ontario even with a 30% difference on the dollar. I am 5ft 10in and can easily see over it. I have no knowledge of the one for the naked model.
Faired- Does anyone know the dimensional difference of the Puig (We are talking about the touring one right? Looks like the Honda Tall but with a little extra on the sides?) vs the Honda Tall? I can go get dimensions of the Honda now, bike is outside and I'm at an engineering place, probably could get a 3d model made up here pretty quick too.

Current: 2014 Honda CTX700 (Pearl)
Past: 2013 Honda Shadow Phantom
Past: 1986 Honda Rebel
Past: 2011 Honda CBR600RR
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 08:18 AM

Take a look at the self-intro I posted yesterday for my bike with the laminar lip. Unfortunately, it is not enough protection for me, so I'm looking into options, too. What is the biggest windshield available for our bikes? I'm looking for a Gold Wing "cone of silence" or the closest I can get to it. I stopped looking over windshields years ago--it's through for me, 4"down from the top if possible. Thanks.

2014 CTX700
1996 Nighthawk 750
1994 Pacific Coast
1990 Pacific Coast
1978 CB550K
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 08:36 AM

Look around and see if you can find any goldwingers with Madstad wind shields on ...
I saw my first one on a big ride mounted on a goldwing trike...
After that I went to the factory in Brooksville Florida and had them install one for me....no wind after some fine tuning...

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:30 AM

Garage
Go with the CeeBaileys ... here is a post with the correct measurement guide

going with the vent or not it's just a preference, I have the one with the vent and I don't get a real airflow coming to my chest during warmer months...

Current bike:
2015 CTX700

Previous rides:
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636...
1994 Honda CBR600 F2
1991 Kawasaki Ninja 250
1989 Honda CG125

Last edited by mdq636; 06-14-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: added content
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 10:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny W. Burdick View Post
Look around and see if you can find any goldwingers with Madstad wind shields on ...
I saw my first one on a big ride mounted on a goldwing trike...
After that I went to the factory in Brooksville Florida and had them install one for me....no wind after some fine tuning...

How about some pictures (inc. close ups)?
mdq636 likes this.

Click on this URL for information on my heel/toe foot shifter thread: http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ctx...tml#post711858
Click on this URL to look over my CTX trike build thread: http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ctx...mizations.html

Click on this URL to download my free PDF for new Trikers: http://magic-pc.net/HowToRideAMotorcycleTrike.pdf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.