2013 Honda CTX700 Ride Height Comparison - Honda CTX700 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Honda CTX700 Ride Height Comparison

What other bikes out there have the same or similar ride height as the CTX700? since we have no access to the bike at the moment I would like to find out which other bikes share the same ride height so i can get an idea of how the ride height will be on the CTX700.
Hailstrom78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

The new 2013 Honda CTX700 is actually based on the NC700 platform but the tubing frame is slight altered to lowered the seating position which is slightly lower at 28.3 inche. Compared to the Honda NC700 that is at 32.7 inch seat height. The reason why honda decided to make the seating position lower for the NC700 was to mke the CTX700 more easier to mount and maneuver. Not only that but it also help keep the bike weight and mass centralized for better balance. Seating position is also improved. I can just imagine now how comfy this bike will be for riding
BikerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

I actually got a chance to sit on it at he spring bik show. I am 5' 7" and able to flat foot the CTX700. One thing I noticed is how narrow the center line was making it more ergonomically comfortable and it sits very low. The riding position feels natural and will be inviting and confidence-inspiring even for small or uncertain riders.
Upsidemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsidemoto View Post
I actually got a chance to sit on it at he spring bik show. I am 5' 7" and able to flat foot the CTX700. One thing I noticed is how narrow the center line was making it more ergonomically comfortable and it sits very low. The riding position feels natural and will be inviting and confidence-inspiring even for small or uncertain riders.
That's good to know, since I'm also that height. But from looking at the pictures it doesn't look to be too high off the ground, so I wasn't too worried.
CTXee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

I was very close to ordering a NC700. I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam. I could not flat foot the NC. The dealer said he could order a link that would lower the seat height about 1 inch. That still would have been a reach. Fortunately they announced the ctx about 2 weeks before I was ready to order. I'm glad I waited. Not only is the seat height much better, but the feet forward riding position is much more to my liking.

The dealer is telling me to expect delivery in July/August timeframe. I think it's worth the wait.
j4a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

I believe you'll find it very close in height to a Suzuki Burgman 400.

Chris
Daboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ah..Daboo! My Burgman friend. Yes...I'm going to make the switch this year. I hope you are not too disappointed in me!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Nah. I think it is a smart choice...much better in the long run than the "Lardy".

I like the Burgman 400...a lot. However, if the ride on the CTX700 would absorb the potholes, expansion joints, etc. that are common on Seattle's roads, I can see myself buying one of these very easily. With our budget problems here, I don't see anything good for Seattle's roads in the future.

I like the MPG...which unlike almost every other motorcycle, is up there with our Burgman 400s. Obviously, I'm drawn to the handling and ride. Negatives are the storage, and tire costs. And I have another thread asking for answers to how I'll keep my feet warm and dry.

My plans are long term though. I'm going on a mission trip to Tanzania next September. If I live, then this might be a nice way to celebrate. (And I don't want to saddle my wife with two bikes in the garage to get rid of, if I don't.) So I'll wait till I return and try to find a hungry dealer in the middle of winter when sales are slow.

Chris
Daboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yes, I agree. I could have chosen a better time to buy this bike. Buying the first of anything can be risky. Call it a mid-life gift to myself. This seems to be the exact bike I've been looking for to replace my Burgy. It will allow me to more comfortably take some longer trips I"m not getting any kind of "buy" on this bike, that's for sure.

I will miss the HUGE seat storage in the Burgy, but I'll adjust. I've ordered the bags. I'll just need to figure out the helmet storage.

I wish you luck on your mission. I'm sure you'll come back in one piece. When you do I hope you become as helpful a resource on the CTX 700 as you are on the Burgman!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default This site graphicly compares bikes!

http://cycle-ergo.com/
Merlin III is offline   Reply With Quote