Ctx700d - Honda CTX700 Forum
Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ctx700d

Dealer said the Honda Rep was just at his shop and he expects the CTX700D to be in by Mid-June instead of Mid-July. Might be in in time for my summer trip. Whoo Hoo!
VFRrider likes this.

IBA #23562
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I just talked to my dealer this morning and he said that they would ship the beginning of July. Seems there is a bit of discrepancy from the top. I did reserve a 700D though.
(Yeah, I changed her name the other was just too much of a mouthful.)

"Tishy Varoom" - Honda SH150
My Trusty Commuter
Kfrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Lots of discrepancies, I've found, from talking to different dealers and even different salespeople at the same dealership. I called one dealership in Athens (just southwest of Knoxville) yesterday. They have a CTX700D on display, but they close @ 2PM eastern time on Saturdays, and it was too late for me to get there to sit and fit before they closed.

I then called a big dealership in Murfreesboro (just southeast of Nashville) to see if they had one to sit on. He said he had no idea when they were coming in but wished that they had one.

I then called the largest Honda dealership in the world (their words; not mine) in Chattanooga. That salesman told me they expect to start getting CTX700Ns and CTX700s in August or September. I told him about the small mom and pops just up the interstate with one on their sales floor. He was perplexed as to why other dealerships had them and then went on this long spill as to the reasons I need to wait till the end of summer to buy one from him.

Last edited by gregsfc; 06-02-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: comma splice
gregsfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My dealer said as a Powerhouse dealer he would be the one in the area to get them first. I did tell him about Maxim Honda in Allen, TX and other places in the US. He was perplexed.

My Trusty Commuter
Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is a guess on my part, so it's pure speculation, but I have a feeling that these high-volume dealers get in a truckload at a time, and maybe, they sort of build orders until a trailer load is full. Maybe they get a discount doing it this way from Honda, or just maybe it's easier logistically. This probably works very well for them, and they usually have many more models and quantities on hand than smaller dealers, but in situations like this one, where a new model has just come out, they miss out on the first shipments, because they've already built a trailer load.
gregsfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was amazed that when we went to the dealer to buy, not look, we knew more about the bike than they did. We even had to tell the salesman where to look on the Honda site to find the D model. If I did not want it so bad, I would have walked, but I wanted it more than I was amazed at his lack of knowledge. I don't know if this is a Honda issue or a dealer issue. I keep hearing the "we don't have any brochures on that" and "Honda does not tell us anything". Anyway, I believe the bike sells itself regardless of dealership input. Eventually when they become more popular, the dealer will have to step up, because as we have read here, we do have choices in where we go. We'll go where we get the best service.
TheMagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Some dealers just let the bikes do the talking but it makes their sales people look clueless. They know ATVs & UTVs but even though they ride they don't really know their stuff. The kid they have here is the only sales person unless you count the manager. The manager knows more but is usually busy.

My Trusty Commuter
Old 06-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Ctx700d

Made a visit the Honda dealership in Fremont, CA. where I have a deposit on a CTX700D model. They advised that they expect two bikes to arrive next week: one CTX700N and one CTX700X. They expect the CTX700D models to arrive in August.

I ride a 12 Honda VFR1200FD with DCT and I am a "happy camper" for sure, but on long rides the sport riding position is very taxing on my 86 year old frame. Looking forward to long rides down the road of life on a Honda CTX700D.

Thank you Honda,

Gene
Cherimouse likes this.
VFRrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFRrider View Post
They advised that they expect two bikes to arrive next week: one CTX700N and one CTX700X.
What's a CTX700X? I can't find anything like this on honda's website.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFRrider View Post
Made a visit the Honda dealership in Fremont, CA. where I have a deposit on a CTX700D model. They advised that they expect two bikes to arrive next week: one CTX700N and one CTX700X. They expect the CTX700D models to arrive in August.

I ride a 12 Honda VFR1200FD with DCT and I am a "happy camper" for sure, but on long rides the sport riding position is very taxing on my 86 year old frame. Looking forward to long rides down the road of life on a Honda CTX700D.

Thank you Honda,

Gene
I traded my 04 VFR in on the CTX 6/13. No regrets. I had lowered it and put on Helibars and it was still "taxing". I am planning a 200 mile ride Sunday with some local riders (most on sport bikes). You will like how easy it is to move around the garage and parking it.

wow, 86, I am 64 with arthritis and back surgery so you give me hope.
VFRrider likes this.
Yamaha FZ-09 Prior bikes in reverse order CTX700n, 88 Super Magna, 79 CB650-4, VFR800, Hawk GT (2), SRX600, RD400, 1200C, 883 R, 750 triple, 650 Savage, VLX600, 450 Nighthawk, cb400. cb550F, H1 500 triple, R69US, Rd350, cb160, 250 Sprint, Pan Head 74 with sidecar, 61ci knucklehead and my first was my dad's 1941 knucklehead 74 with foot clutch, stick shift for High School transportation in 1963.
Billnoroville is offline   Reply With Quote