Fast Service from Corbin - Honda CTX700 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Fast Service from Corbin

Amazing. I ordered a Corbin for the CTX on June 1 and they are shipping today, Jun 15.

Have the low seat in black with silver stitching and navy blue welt and silver logo.

This is going on my 16 silver/blue CTX DCT ABS.

Very fast work by Corbin.

Pix when installed.

2016 Honda CTX 700 DCT ABS
2016 Ducati 1200 Multistrada Touring
2015 Honda 250 Rebel
2016 Triumph America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by army_eod View Post
Amazing. I ordered a Corbin for the CTX on June 1 and they are shipping today, Jun 15.

Have the low seat in black with silver stitching and navy blue welt and silver logo.

This is going on my 16 silver/blue CTX DCT ABS.

Very fast work by Corbin.

Pix when installed.
Good news - nice! I ordered one a couple of days ago. Will hopefully get a similar outcome. I look forward to seeing the pics and hearing your impressions.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 AM

Garage
WOW, that's great and amazing at the same time. I ordered mine on 3/11/17; still waiting. I've basically given up and disputed the charge on my credit card. I guess one day, they'll want to do business.

current ride 2016 CTX700 DCT
Cee Bailey 22" w/vent
Corbin low profile on order
Saddlebags & Rack
previous Linhai 275cc scooter

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:10 AM

I got my latest one in a couple of weeks instead of the usual 6-7 weeks but I'm pretty sure I got a seat that somebody else just sent back. I ordered a standard seat with the rise moved forward an inch and only got the regular seat. No modifications.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troup1998 View Post
WOW, that's great and amazing at the same time. I ordered mine on 3/11/17; still waiting. I've basically given up and disputed the charge on my credit card. I guess one day, they'll want to do business.
That's crazy. This is what they emailed me on Tuesday after I placed my order:

Current production lead time is approximately SEATS is 2-3 weeks for standard build and 6-7 weeks for special build and 3 weeks for backrests and glass is 7-8 weeks from the sales order date shown on this PDF.

I think I qualify as a standard build with no backrest so I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a 2-3 week turnaround.

Did you have a ton of customization? Did you request it be lined with pocket fox fur or something?

Last edited by BigDukeSix; 06-17-2017 at 07:37 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:49 PM

Garage
That's great!

1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive
2014 CTX
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Not to be a downer but that's all subject to change at a moments notice. Lead times are based on a seasonal work schedule. It usually runs about 4 - 6 weeks with the latter being closer to the the norm. Just saying.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc77320 View Post
Not to be a downer but that's all subject to change at a moments notice. Lead times are based on a seasonal work schedule. It usually runs about 4 - 6 weeks with the latter being closer to the the norm. Just saying.
I find this true with the California DMV custom lice plate orders! Or being they are just lazy POS's and think they should get a check for working 4 hours for 8 prob is the other problem.
Super Sneaky Steve likes this.

2014 CTX
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunN16 View Post
I find this true with the California DMV custom lice plate orders! Or being they are just lazy POS's and think they should get a check for working 4 hours for 8 prob is the other problem.
Or maybe it is just that they've had their staff cut so low due to whiney POS that want services without paying for them that custom license plates are seen as a low priority item compared to everything else and get pushed to the bottom of the list of things to do? That seems pretty likely to me and the same thing happens in private industry when budgets and staff are slashed but the workload stays the same or increases. Something's got to give.
Capt Ed likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
Or maybe it is just that they've had their staff cut so low due to whiney POS that want services without paying for them that custom license plates are seen as a low priority item compared to everything else and get pushed to the bottom of the list of things to do? That seems pretty likely to me and the same thing happens in private industry when budgets and staff are slashed but the workload stays the same or increases. Something's got to give.
Custom plates can bring in great rev for the state. There are a ton of people here who own not only vehicles but toys that require them. Most of us all want something cool and custom and will pay an extra premium every year to have it.

Want cheap labor, keep making them at Folsom and pay the prisoners with room and board. That simple.
Super Sneaky Steve likes this.

2014 CTX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.