Just how better is the Corbin seat - Honda CTX700 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Just how better is the Corbin seat

I have seen a lot of responses about the Corbin seat for the CTX700 and it appears that many enjoy the seat. I have come across a new Corbin seat part # H-CTX-7-13 with a small blemish on the leather for $400.00 which includes shipping. Is the Corbin seat that much of an improvement over the OEM seat? I have not made any long trips yet but am planning on doing so and wondering if I should act quick on this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 07:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhellner View Post
I have seen a lot of responses about the Corbin seat for the CTX700 and it appears that many enjoy the seat. I have come across a new Corbin seat part # H-CTX-7-13 with a small blemish on the leather for $400.00 which includes shipping. Is the Corbin seat that much of an improvement over the OEM seat? I have not made any long trips yet but am planning on doing so and wondering if I should act quick on this one.
If it doesn't satisfy your needs, it'll be a quick resell.
I say go for it!

Glenn
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
For most people, the Corbin seat is a vast improvement over the OEM seat. If you have a 31" inseam or less and weigh less than 190 lbs, the Corbin Low should work just fine. If you are heavier and have a longer inseam, the Corbin Standard will be required. The Standard will raise the seat height over 3 inches making it difficult to add a windshield tall enough to work. Even the 24" Cee Bailey will need some type of accessory added to gain the additional height needed to fit most people. A better alternative is the Seth Laam seat which adds no additional seat height or very little over the OEM seat.
Mdaniels4 and Rogertt73 like this.

Last edited by jfc77320; 05-24-2017 at 07:39 PM.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 08:24 PM

Garage
Love my Corbin. That 2015 seat was killing my butt to the point of riding more than 45 minutes was almost unbearable.

Got the Corbin standard and have zero issues!

ANd like Glenn says, if you don't like it post it up on here and it'll sell quick!
Mdaniels4 likes this.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:

I am curious about the part number on this so I checked the Corbin website. For the CTX700 they list the #H-CTX-7 (high model) and the #H-CTX-7-C (low model). They both sell for $473 new, not including the back or shipping.

The CTX1300 page lists a number of different seats that all begin with #H-CTX-13-

You said the part number of the seat for sale is #H-CTX-7-13. Looking at the part numbers on the Corbin site, the 7 would seem to indicate the CTX700 seat, while the 13 would seem to indicate the CTX1300 seat, and regardless of which bike the seat is for, there should be more to the model number to indicate specifically which seat it is.

I'm not sure what the part number you have means, but I would check into this before buying to make sure you know what you are getting.

2014 CTX700 DCT
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 04:50 AM

Get the Corbin. Without a Corbin my bike would still be waiting for it's first service to come due.
Devilsfan and Brian V Paigo like this.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 08:25 AM

I agree with Devilsfan when I got the bike and took it out on its 1 st ride in 1/2 hr my A$$ was on fire I drove home parked the bike and ordered A Corbin saddle, I didn't ride the bike again until I got the saddle about 1 month later. I have had 5 Corbin saddles over the years on different bikes that I have owned, I think you will appreciate the saddle over the original Honda seat.
El Gato likes this.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 02:42 PM

Regarding the seat height, I had a Corbin on a Burgman 650. The high density foam is very thin. So why is the seat height 3" higher? Unless it is the seat pan Corbin uses. That is a shame. Defeats the purpose of buying a bike with a low seat.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
Regarding the seat height, I had a Corbin on a Burgman 650. The high density foam is very thin. So why is the seat height 3" higher? Unless it is the seat pan Corbin uses. That is a shame. Defeats the purpose of buying a bike with a low seat.
Its the seat pan. One of our members way back when took his bike to Corbin and allowed them to use it to design a seat to fit. One of the parameters was to be able to install a backrest into the design. Unfortunately, the CTX's design doesn't allow any additional room for a backrest without adding a huge amount of seat height. The design ultimately resulted in the Corbin Standard. The Corbin Low was released about a year later. It was the direct result of numerous complaints from other members due to the excessive seat height of the Standard. Again, the backrest was incorporated into the Low design causing the backrest to push taller riders too far forward. Instead of starting all over and doing away with the backrest, both designs were adopted.

Last edited by jfc77320; 05-25-2017 at 03:51 PM.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the response, jfc. IfI find the stock seat uncomfortable, I have an Airhawk in the garage I can try. Too bad Corbin puts its desire to sell an accessory backrest ahead of what a customer would prefer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CTX700 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.